• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 Printers Same Time

theshop9100

Hey guys, I'm trying to run 2 printers at the same time but I'm not smart enough to do it, thought maybe yall could help. I have a Mutoh 1614 and a Mutoh 1624. Onyx poster shop 12. My question is, I guess, do I have to have 2 separate ethernet ports to make this work? I've tried a switch but it always sends to the wrong printer. I have to unplug whichever one I'm not using to make the right one print if that makes sense. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Use the switch and make sure each printer has it's own unique IP address. Example below:

Computer IP Address: 192.168.1.100
Printer 1 IP Address: 192.168.1.101
Printer 2 IP Address: 192.168.1.102

The first three sets of numbers have to be the same for all of the machines. The last set of numbers has to be different. As long as you set it up that way, it should work.

jayhawksigns

Get a second computer? Computers = cheap. Printers = expensive.. why limit your printers to just one pc?
Other then you would probably have to have another copy of Onyx for the second computer.

There should not be a reason that you can't do what you are wanting to do. Could be a network configuration issue like was mentioned earlier, or how you are processing the workflow through Onyx. A bunch of variables that its hard to diagnose without being there to see your setup first hand.

pjfmeister

I run a 1624 and a 1614 through Flexi Rip. Just make sure your IP address is correct. Double check the IP address assigned to each machine and obviously make sure they are different...then assign in your RIP setup. I have also ran this setup in Onyx just didn't like the workflow of Onyx so switched to Flexi.
I replaced my Router and Switch with a higher end quality faster, more memory, load balancing etc Cisco switch and a Cisco router on my network to stabilize the traffic to keep from loosing a job half way through.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Get a second computer? Computers = cheap. Printers = expensive.. why limit your printers to just one pc?

Dumbest advice I've seen. You can print to multiple printers from one PC running a RIP....I do it all day long. Each printer has it's own IP address and should be individually plugged in to a hub, or separate jacks (in our case) that CAT cable eventuallly connects to your router or hub.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly