• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2-sided feather flag text

gnubler

Made some 20-foot feather flags, two sided print, and mirrored the text on both sides. Now that they're installed the customer said the text looks "upside down" on one side due to the bowing of the pole, and I agree with her. Is there a rule of always running the tops of letters along the pole side, for this reason? I didn't anticipate this much bowing when I was designing them. Whoops. See pics attached showing the front vs back.

Should I reprint them or offer a partial refund? Good customer.

back.jpg front.jpg

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Why is it leaning so much? It should be straight up and down. That's going to hit someone's vehicle or a truck turning. Tell them to install it better

gnubler

Good point. Ground is frozen right now and they stuck my new flags into existing ground spikes which have obviously shifted and are now frozen in place.
But did I screw up on the design part?

JBurton

Signtologist
It will have a tendency to bow in the bowed direction, which usually gets caught at the proofing stage...

unclebun

The tops of the letters should always run along the pole. Even if it weren't bent, it would look upside down.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
It does look upside down. I wouldn't have flipped the text... Just do the same thing on both sides

gnubler

It does look upside down. I wouldn't have flipped the text... Just do the same thing on both sides
That's what I did, but it should have been mirrored. I wanted the letter C to fit into the curve at the bottom on both sides, which is why I didn't flip the text 180. Dumb mistake?
Here's a screenshot of my layout file.

PROOF.jpg

JBurton

Signtologist
I'd tell her to put it away until they can properly drive the stake, it'll just get blown away as it is. See if she likes it better around spring time...

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
That's what I did, but it should have been mirrored. I wanted the letter C to fit into the curve at the bottom on both sides, which is why I didn't flip the text 180. Dumb mistake?
Here's a screenshot of my layout file.

View attachment 169256
Oh I see, I guess we've never done the curved kind. Tell her it will look better when it's installed properly.

gnubler

Good ideas, thx.
I think in the future I'm going to stick with what Unclebun said and keep tops of letters along the pole.