• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2 Summa questions , size of crop mark and blade type ?

autoexebat

As the title says , I'm just trying to find out what size the Summa cut marks should be ? Somewhere I thought I saw 3mm , but I also saw 10mm as well ?

Also , will a ROLAND blade fit in the normal Summa drag knife setup ?

Thanks

autoexebat

I have bought this as well ,

Can anyone post what the crop marks should look like ? I made some in Corel , just need to make sure it's correct .

Hey autoexebat,

What software are you using to print and cut?

Usually the RIP will generate the mark for you. Or, you can use the free Summa Software Winplot to generate the marks and cut. You can download a program from Summa's website called Summa Cutter Tools that will install the the plugin for Corel/AI and, if needed, another program called Summa Cutter Control which will allow for updating settings to the plotter from the PC and also act as a barcode server if you're RIP doesn't already support it (this would also depend on which model Summa you have..)

https://www.summa.com/en/support/software-firmware/

autoexebat

Hey autoexebat,

What software are you using to print and cut?

Usually the RIP will generate the mark for you. Or, you can use the free Summa Software Winplot to generate the marks and cut. You can download a program from Summa's website called Summa Cutter Tools that will install the the plugin for Corel/AI and, if needed, another program called Summa Cutter Control which will allow for updating settings to the plotter from the PC and also act as a barcode server if you're RIP doesn't already support it (this would also depend on which model Summa you have..)

https://www.summa.com/en/support/software-firmware/

I'm using Roland Versaworks , but I have a cool toll installed called ECUT . So that will make the 3mm sqares for me and I notice a small arrow as well . I'm hoping that is correct . I will post a picture .

autoexebat

Here is a picture with the arrows pointing to the crop marks I have made. cm.jpg

autoexebat

Can anyone verify my picture ? I'm hoping to get a bunch of files setup today .

Attachments

• cm.jpg
    cm.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 158
Winplot would be "Send to Cutter" for normal Cut Vinyl jobs (with no marks). "Send to OPOS Cutter" would be for Print-to-Cut with reg marks. Although I'm not sure how ECUT works, your marks do look correct. The arrow is unnecessary, but would probably help with getting it loaded the proper direction.

autoexebat

Winplot would be "Send to Cutter" for normal Cut Vinyl jobs (with no marks). "Send to OPOS Cutter" would be for Print-to-Cut with reg marks. Although I'm not sure how ECUT works, your marks do look correct. The arrow is unnecessary, but would probably help with getting it loaded the proper direction.

Thanks ! Yes I will be using only for my printed / contour cuts ! Thanks for answering my questions ! Now I just need to wait a few days for it to be delivered .

ECUT is the best plugin by far for AI and Corel .. the summa plugin for corel doesn't work any longer so that is why I got ecut .