• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20% Discout on X-Rite i1

ElevenTen_Color

We would like to pass along a discount coupon our tech support team found out about.

20% Off on X-Rite i1 Basic and Extreme bundles.

Happy Thanksgiving to the Signs 101 community!

Attachments

• XRite ColorMythBusters 1.jpg
    XRite ColorMythBusters 1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 141

ElevenTen_Color

Good find Pat!

We did some digging and here's what we found out.
The $250 rebate is a good deal, but it’s only offered on the i1Xtreme.
This 20% offer ends up being $300 off on an i1Xtreme (without the hassle of sending in forms, etc.) and is available on the i1Basic as well ($200 off) which would be a good choice if you’re using a RIP with profiling support (e.g. Onyx Production House).

For a participating dealer try:
http://www.tekgraf.com/find_a_reseller

ElevenTen_Color

The filter is not removable – you either get it with the UV filter or without. Basically the device (spectrophotometer) “sees” optical brighteners differently than we humans do - where we see white, it sees blue. The problem with that is the spectro/software overcompensates and adds yellow to counteract the blue, which results in a yellowish-looking print. There are various ways to get around this problem (and lots of debate), but a simple solution is to just get the UV version of the device since it blocks the wavelengths that cause the problem in the first place. Note that both the i1Basic and i1Xtreme come in both UV and non-UV “flavors”. As for scanning before or after lamination, it’s usually best to measure the media with the finishing (laminate) applied, since that’s how it will ultimately be shown.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
ElevenTen,

do you have the original? If so, could you translate the Promo code. It's kinda hard to make out the middle 2 numbers/letters.

Thanks

CheapVehicleWrap

So for vehicle wraps and basic white vinyls the UV version is the correct one to get??

The filter is not removable – you either get it with the UV filter or without. Basically the device (spectrophotometer) “sees” optical brighteners differently than we humans do - where we see white, it sees blue. The problem with that is the spectro/software overcompensates and adds yellow to counteract the blue, which results in a yellowish-looking print. There are various ways to get around this problem (and lots of debate), but a simple solution is to just get the UV version of the device since it blocks the wavelengths that cause the problem in the first place. Note that both the i1Basic and i1Xtreme come in both UV and non-UV “flavors”. As for scanning before or after lamination, it’s usually best to measure the media with the finishing (laminate) applied, since that’s how it will ultimately be shown.