• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

20' w x 4' h vinyl banner sign mounting question

number1talent

Does anyone know of a better way to mount a vinyl banner sign to a concrete wall. A customer called because the banner they had on their building tore and ripped itself from the building because of high wind came through not to long ago. It had been on the building for about 1 year. The company that installed it screwed the banner with concrete fastener screws, washers, etc. Looks like the did a very good job, but unfortunately we had very strong wind that came through and destroyed the sign. Do any of you guys know of a better was to mount the same size vinyl banner sign to prevent this from happening?

To my knowledge, banners are considered temporary signs. A year is a fairly good time span for such an item. If they had wanted a more permanent sign they should have looked into a more permanent material and did a real installation which would be far stronger.

number1talent

My thought exactly, but I thought I'd reach out to see if someone knew something I didn't. Thanks Ray for responding and validating what I was thinking all along.

number1talent

To my knowledge, banners are considered temporary signs. A year is a fairly good time span for such an item. If they had wanted a more permanent sign they should have looked into a more permanent material and did a real installation which would be far stronger.
My thought exactly, but I thought I'd reach out to see if someone knew something I didn't. Thanks Ray for responding and validating what I was thinking all along.

unclebun

In a year the fabric of the banner is weakened by sun and wind and tears much more easily than when new.

Billct2

You could do a mesh banner. I don't like the way they look but they are effective. We did a couple really large ones on the side of an appartment building that was maybe 10 stories. The banners were installed from a roof that was about halfway up. They lasted many many years in a brutally windy spot. We also added battens in the middle. I think we used white dibond on the white areas of the background.

2B

1 full year is an acceptable timeframe
If they want to get the longest life, they need to remove the wrinkles and have the material taught

Medina Signs

Old Member
Ask these guys - it lasted til the wind blew his talents to Miami -

1651757332843.png

number1talent

You could do a mesh banner. I don't like the way they look but they are effective. We did a couple really large ones on the side of an appartment building that was maybe 10 stories. The banners were installed from a roof that was about halfway up. They lasted many many years in a brutally windy spot. We also added battens in the middle. I think we used white dibond on the white areas of the background.
Yeah, I know this client would not like the mesh banner.

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!