• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2010 Camaro Racing Stripes. Anyone done time?

Mason

There apiece o cake. I did eightof them last weekfor a local dealership, got it down to about an hour and twenty minutes a car.

Pat Whatley

I just stopped and looked at a new fully loaded silver one, SS with the stripes on it. V8 450 hp. I came so close to buying that car on the spot. Decisions, decisions? More CNC machines or nice cars????? I'm so torn.
More CNC machines will make you the money to buy new cars. New cars will not make you the money to buy CNC machines.

LindyM

Tint, Smoked headlights,strips, turn signals and foglights. Matte black emblems

Attachments

• DSC03953.jpg
    DSC03953.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:

grafikguy

President
They're right. This is an EASY install compared to the mustangs. The stripes are very good quality, are well marked and packaged, and install nicely with rapidtak. I've done about 15 of these for the local dealership. I told them I'd charge just labor rate at $50/hr and any travel. Usually takes me about an hour and works out to about $65 a car. I thought that was fair enough, then I heard that they can't find anyone to do them for less than $400 per car in the southern part of the state. So, guess what...they're sending ALL of them up for me to install. This was one of those OH CRAP moments when you realize you should have charged more. Wonder what they'd say if I up my rate to $200/HR?

extremegraffix

i have been working with two dealerships on these decals and the dealers have been issued a labor rate from GM on what kind of time it would take to install the factory stripes. i am making out like a bandit on the hockey stripe install because they take less time and pay 20% more for the installation. the racing stipes are managable, but still a bit tricky on the hoods. i am being paid as if i were doing warranty work for the dealerships and still making good money for the installs.

Mosh

Poor man's Corvette, I will stick with my '66 Stingray. Even if it does not have air cond....

Patrick46

OH and make sure you take it around the block a few times. You know, to air out the stripes. :wink::Big Laugh

The floor of my shop is COVERED with black patches. These darn high performance cars my customers keep bringin me keep leaving these marks all over the place! :frustrated: :thumb:

(Gawd, how I love that smell!)