• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2023Ford Transit wrap issue

dclet

Has any one else had trouble wrapping the areas under the front headlights on 2023 Ford Transit?
Nothing sticks. It's must be low energy plastic, which differs from older models

Anyone have a solution?

I have 2 here that will be color changed/lettered.

2023-10-05 15.00.15-1.jpg

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We use a bit of primer around the edges and post heat well and they have held fine for us but yes they are super slick and the initial tack is incredibly low.

somcalmetim

Try preheat.
No idea why it works sometimes, but it does.
Maybe cooking off a layer of something preventing adhesion?
Saw a post on wrapping Yeeti mugs talking about a thin oil coating used for mold release...could be similar here if its molded white plastic and not painted like rest of car...they talked about flame treating before wrapping to burn it off.
Vinyl Primer or Adhesion Promoter would likely help as well...

dclet

Saw a post on wrapping Yeeti mugs talking about a thin oil coating used for mold release...could be similar here if its molded white plastic and not painted like rest of car...they talked about flame treating before wrapping to burn it off.
Vinyl Primer or Adhesion Promoter would likely help as well...

That worked! Ran the torch over those areas, no issues after that.

Thanks!

We did try the wrap primer, that came off with the vinyl. We also tried Upol Grip #4 ( We use that on badly oxidized areas generally ) that seemed to work also.