• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

22' Box Truck Install....My First!!!!

jc1cell

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to show you an image of my first install on a 22' Box Truck. It took me and another installer 11 hours ( way more than it should have in my opinion, though I improved as the hours moved along).

The graphics came with transfer tape over them, which made it a bit more difficult for me when going over the rivets to get that tunnel for the rolle pro. Also, Avery supercast was used (it was an install only project) and that media doesn't seem to stick quite well on first pass through. Then removing the transfer tape lifted slightly in areas.

Overall it came out pretty good. There were some horror spots that I hope to not have happen for the next four (and won't be showing here :Big Laugh, mainly wrinkles caused by the handling of the transfer tape and the low adhesion of the media, IMHO).

Also, you can see the results of the van I presented to you some time ago.

Any suggestions on getting the proper tunneling with this combination of media (transfer tape and avery supercast)?

jc

Attachments

• 2011-03-12 16.44.32.jpg
    2011-03-12 16.44.32.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 2011-03-12 12.20.23.jpg
    2011-03-12 12.20.23.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 2011-03-12 15.39.56.jpg
    2011-03-12 15.39.56.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 2011-03-12 15.39.34.jpg
    2011-03-12 15.39.34.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 118

jc1cell

I have to say that it's so much easier with the rolle pro. Just getting that darn tunnel properly set is what's killing me. It's so much harder for me to handle with the transfer tape than with laminate.

jc

formanek

I don't build a tunnel all the way up and down the rivet lane. I only work in 2' sections at the same times as the rest of the vinyl around the rivets. This semi I just finished has rivets and congregated panels. Twice the fun. I just finished this one ALONE in 19 hours of install time for both sides. My arm hurts.:wink: Rolle Pro is great. I actually do the entire install with it. Not much squeegee at all.

Attachments

• 468_02.jpg
    468_02.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 123

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have to say that it's so much easier with the rolle pro. Just getting that darn tunnel properly set is what's killing me. It's so much harder for me to handle with the transfer tape than with laminate.

jc

You could remove the t-tape before hanging the panels.
From your photos it looks like a good install.

wayne k
guam usa

BALLPARK

Install looks great! The Rolle Pro is my favorite tool for installs, very easy to use and works like a charm on just about any obstacle.

Box Trucks & 53' racing trailers are my favorite to wrap. I would also suggest to remove the transfer tape before installing.

jc1cell

Last night worked on another one and must say that I'm getting the hang of the material quite well. This one turned out much better as far as the previous errors are concerned. The rivets were a bit different but this time I used a torch and that was also sooooo much faster than using the low end heat gun I was using.

Thanks for all the kind remarks and suggestions. I will show some more pictures once I'm done with these.

Cheers
jc