• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

24' x 15' sign

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I have a customer who needs a temporary 24'x15' sign. Can someone direct me to a vendor that can product that?

Stacey K

I like making signs
At first I thought it was in inches and thought, "Geneva! What kind of question is that!?" LOL

Maybe a banner? Might be the easiest and cheapest option. There's a post on here about oversized banners that has some good stuff in it including contacts...

gnubler

I had a boss about 10 years back who wrote inches instead of feet on the job ticket. When she saw the miniature banner we made she started crying, in between the fifths of gin she guzzled down daily. Reminded me of the Stonehenge statues in Spinal Tap. :p

stonehenge-replica.jpg

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
At first I thought it was in inches and thought, "Geneva! What kind of question is that!?" LOL

Maybe a banner? Might be the easiest and cheapest option. There's a post on here about oversized banners that has some good stuff in it including contacts...
lol. you wouldn't believe how many times this customer and i have gone back and forth on sizes. She has ordered things teeny tiny and really big so I am always verifying the measurements!

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I had a boss about 10 years back who wrote inches instead of feet on the job ticket. When she saw the miniature banner we made she started crying, in between the fifths of gin she guzzled down daily. Reminded me of the Stonehenge statues in Spinal Tap. :p

stonehenge-replica.jpg
so, funny story: I was talking to this same customer on saturday. We were emailing back and forth and she said that a trashcan was 2"x3". SO because she and I have gone back and forth on measurements so many times, I asked her (on purpose) if she meant 2 INCHES by 3 INCHES or 2 feet by 3 feet? You know no one has a trash can that's 2 inches x 3 inches. but she responded with she wasn't sure on the measurements. I let it go.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hahaaa.... I actually am dealing with a customer that did everything in metric and gave me a scale of 1 cm = 1 foot. I haven't found that on any of my scale rules, yet. Gonna go out and buy out staples of their scale rules and hopefully one will have that scale on it. FIrst she told me it was 1" = 1 foot. She told me the room scaled out was 219.5 inches. I said, that makes the room almost 220' long. That's one biga$$ room I said, and then she said, oh no 1cm = 1 foot. That really helps. I think she used to be noobler's boss.

gnubler

I had a customer send me some measurements of their sign and one of them was 44 12/16. That's correct but I've never not seen 3/4 used instead.

Wish we were on metric here, so much easier.

Johnny Best

reducing fractions is hard
This is when you ‘round off’ 12/16 is .75.
same as Gino’s 1cm seems to be 3/32, do not have a meter ruler so I am guessing. Mark a cm and then find which fraction is close to that on your scale rule. People try to make things difficult and complain.
Signs365 for banners.