• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

250mb PDF Banner, to JPG

knucklehead

I do some photo printing for the Arts group, over where I used to live. They got some kind of award couple months ago, and someone made a banner for the occasion, that got gone. Now, they want a replacement, I'm going to print on Phototex, to put on the wall at the county building.

They didn't have the original printed, but she got a PDF of the banner, sent it to me yesterday evening, and it's 250 mb PDF file, for a 4x8 banner. I tried to convert it to a JPG, had no luck, even looked at some online converters, their limit was 10-25 mb. Can anyone direct me how to convert this monster file, to something usable. I'm a Corel guy, I don't have Photoshop. I do have Paint Shop Pro.

knucklehead

All I have is the pdf, even a screen capture only gets about a tenth of it. Well, she did send a photo of them standing in front of it.

Using QImage to run the printer, I don't do big stuff. 100 inches, is about big a I go.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
With most rips if you don't need to do any edits you can drop the file in , set the size and print.
So I guess that doesn't work with qimage.
If you have a way to post it up I can convert it for you.
A free account at
https://www.hightail.com/
Will transfer a file that big.

I'll be around for another hour or so (it's almost 11pm here)

wayne k
guam usa

knucklehead

Thanks Wayne, OK if I put the dropbox address in a PM

If you could turn that into a jpg, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks ~ Mike

knucklehead

I guess a TIFF file would work too, I just can't do anything with it at that size. They don't have the actual banner any longer, so I guess they wouldn't have anything to compare my print to.

How does one make a 250 mb file, out of a 4x8 banner design.

Thanks for all ya'lls help

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It's done,
quality should be fine it opens 4x8 at 300dpi
Cropping is a little odd but I didn't edit it.
Sent you a pm - need an email to send it back

wayne k
guam usa

J Hill Designs

do you not have photoshop?

edit: just read that you dont. I cant stand corels photo editor, but I would imagine it would import a pdf just fine to rasterize it. am I wrong?

Last edited:

Coppers Lot

Which version of Corel do you have knucklehead as photozoom pro came bundled with version 5 and on.
For the next time, if you have it,PZP will reduce as well as increase