• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

25500 Carriage Belt broke... Can you manually cap printheads

MySignGuyz

While printing today the belt that runs the print head assembly broke and the printer would not shut down properly. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so how did you get the printheads secure till it could be fixed.

Thanks for any help with this issue

Power down the machine (main power at the back) and unplug from the wall. Then manually move the carriage to the right end of the printer (toward the control panel) so the printheads are sitting on the maintenance cartridge. Make sure that the heads are sitting on the top of the cartridge. You should be able to leave the printer in this state for an extended period (days, perhaps a week or more) as you make service arrangements to repair the unit.

MySignGuyz

thanks heads are now covered. A few more questions

Thanks for info to secure Printheads.

Now does anyone have a good source for parts for this model? Is there a place where i can download a service manual or has someone replaced one before?

Is this a common issue with this model, The printer really doesnt have that much print time on it?

Thanks Again for the help

jasonx

Thanks for info to secure Printheads.

Now does anyone have a good source for parts for this model? Is there a place where i can download a service manual or has someone replaced one before?

Is this a common issue with this model, The printer really doesnt have that much print time on it?

Thanks Again for the help

Has the belt actually snapped or is it in tack? I've had two pulleys shear which causes the belt to drop into the printer. The pulley has always been the one on the control panel side of the machine. It's plastic and snaps.

ProWraps

i wouldnt worry too much about the printheads. its latex. not solvent. they wont dry up. push the carriage to the right and get it fixed.

when your back up and running, do a gentle wipe with an alcohol soaked lint free paper towel. we do that once a week to all our heads anyways.

if for any reason a head/s goes bad, meh, they are user replaceable.

you will be fine.

i shipped a used 25500 from florida to here in california. in all the bs shipping arangments, etc. etc. it ended up sitting for almost three months. i plugged it in and printed instantly with zero problems. again the beauty of latex.

Last edited:

MySignGuyz

Belt did break part number?

Does anyone know what the part number is for the pulley assembly that is located on the controller side of the machine that the belt runs thru? it is intact but might as well replace it at same time.

Has anyone every replaced this belt before

tattoo.dan

I have replaced on the z series which is what the latex is based on. It is really pretty easy. I will look and see if I can find where I purchased the belt

MySignGuyz

Thanks Pro Color

My email Address is mysignguyz@yahoo.com

I have the belt ordered. I was trying to track down a part number for the pulley on the control side that the belt runs thru. hp people wanted to charge 40.00 to tell me a part number even after i had ordered the other parts from them.

Once again thanks for the help