• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions 25K Budget what printer??

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm sure you will stick by your comments, especially after i pointed out you're 100% wrong in all aspects. Sounds like a good move.

Yeah sticking by your wrong comments after i corrected them. Great business move.

I am not wrong about any of my comments, you are finding ways to make your points valid. I am ok with that, I understand you do not agree with me. Its ok.

Chase

New Printers for Christmas!
You could do that, but what is the application you're doing with the flag material exactly? You could always do 2 prints and sew together if you wanted a crisp image on both sides.

The fabric prints are wrapped like a gallery wrap but we don't want to use vinyl or canvas. So single side printing is fine.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
No thanks, I do things that make sense. Installing 1 10 ft panel does not make sense. No one will install that.

Installing a 10' piece of fabric is not like installing a 10' of vinyl. Doing large installs with 1 person is not what I recommend either. It's really easy to pre-paste the wall and simply put up a huge piece of fabric. You should do it with 2 people though, you will get it done much faster than 1 person installing 54" sections on their own.

HulkSmash

Installing a 10' piece of fabric is not like installing a 10' of vinyl. Doing large installs with 1 person is not what I recommend either. It's really easy to pre-paste the wall and simply put up a huge piece of fabric. You should do it with 2 people though, you will get it done much faster than 1 person installing 54" sections on their own.

Pre Paste?

lol. I rest my case.

HulkSmash

You're ignoring so many factors.

UPS AND FEDEX both will not ship 10ft Wide boxes.
Most freight companies charge a lot extra for rolls, because you cannot stack them and they have to be secured to the wall or ground so they don't roll all over the place.

Also when it's delivered to the shop, how does the shop get it from their shop to the client? Where is the client going to store it if it goes to the client direct.

These are things you have to manage via operations, which you don't have to think about you in your position.

HulkSmash

So let's say it takes half the time with 2 guys to do 10 ft panels, than 1 guy doing 53" panels.

in what world of math is that faster?

1 guy 10 hrs
2 guys 5 hrs x2 = 1 guy 10 hrs.

like dude, just stop.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Thats good to know 110g fabric do you find the print to be scratch resistant? I have had some prints rub off with pressure but they weren't latex.

I love the dye sub look but don't like the expensive heat transfer part. Is there an option that fits my 25k printer setup budget?

The ideal situation would be to print both wall covering and fabrics direct to the medias to avoid the heat transfer part of dye sub. Can this be done with Latex?

It will not look like a good dye sub fabric, BUT it was very durable and on 110g the fabric would tear before the ink lifted (Have to run super hot though!). You could do this on a Latex 110 if you wanted to save machine cost but if you are going to lots of material I would get no less than a 560, 570 preferred for lower ink costs. Latex should be considered the swiss army knife of printers... they can print on nearly anything without heat sensitivity.

Chase

It will not look like a good dye sub fabric, BUT it was very durable and on 110g the fabric would tear before the ink lifted (Have to run super hot though!). You could do this on a Latex 110 if you wanted to save machine cost but if you are going to lots of material I would get no less than a 560, 570 preferred for lower ink costs. Latex should be considered the swiss army knife of printers... they can print on nearly anything without heat sensitivity.

great thanks for the suggestion I'm getting samples to run my own durability test. Latex is looking like the swiss army knife.

Can anyone chime in for Eco Solvents? They need some points I can see me running 75-100 square feet per hour white quality prints in mind.

What kind of sqft per hour times do you guys see with Latex in a quality mode?

HulkSmash

great thanks for the suggestion I'm getting samples to run my own durability test. Latex is looking like the swiss army knife.

Can anyone chime in for Eco Solvents? They need some points I can see me running 75-100 square feet per hour white quality prints in mind.

What kind of sqft per hour times do you guys see with Latex in a quality mode?

130 SQFT an hr on our L360's.

Solvents suck - I've owned every single type of printer. And trust me when i tell you - get Latex.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
So let's say it takes half the time with 2 guys to do 10 ft panels, than 1 guy doing 53" panels.

in what world of math is that faster?

1 guy 10 hrs
2 guys 5 hrs x2 = 1 guy 10 hrs.

like dude, just stop.

What if 2 guys could install a 10' piece of fabric in 1/4 of the time? Now how does the math look?

CanuckSigns

A majority of our wall graphics are in hospitals, we can not use an unlaminated material, period. If a patient bleeds or vomits etc on the wall (it's happened) there is absolutely no way to clean it from a wall paper or fabric media, laminated vinyl can be cleaned properly.

Even in a less extreme example, say a retail application, wall graphics get dirty, you need to clean them. How good will you look when you tell your client they can't clean their walls without risking ruining the print.

For the highest quality product you really do need to laminate your graphics, I'm aware that products exist that don't need it, but in my opinion they are not the highest quality product for the job, they are meant for short term applications.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Go with the printer that has the best support nearest to your shop.
Seems like lam would be a good idea on either latex or solvent.
I learned my lesson long ago. When we first started printing we called our printer supplier and asked if we should laminate spot graphics going on a fleet of buses. They assured us it did not need to be laminated (said so right in the sales brochure). Did the work and they called us back to the yard about a week later. Turns out Simple Green works as well on ink as it does on diesel soot. Kinda funny now but not so much back then.

Good luck with your new equipment.

wayne k
guam usa

Last edited:

Chase

A majority of our wall graphics are in hospitals, we can not use an unlaminated material, period. If a patient bleeds or vomits etc on the wall (it's happened) there is absolutely no way to clean it from a wall paper or fabric media, laminated vinyl can be cleaned properly.

Even in a less extreme example, say a retail application, wall graphics get dirty, you need to clean them. How good will you look when you tell your client they can't clean their walls without risking ruining the print.

For the highest quality product you really do need to laminate your graphics, I'm aware that products exist that don't need it, but in my opinion they are not the highest quality product for the job, they are meant for short term applications.

We have always requested laminate on ours. I believe in them. We are wanting to move to Peel and Stick no more paste. Your thoughts?

What are some of the best lams out there today? Roll vs Liquid?

I have quotes on a Seal EL 65" and Royal Sovereign 1651LSF with front feed assembly.

Not sure about either one yet.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have always requested laminate on ours. I believe in them. We are wanting to move to Peel and Stick no more paste. Your thoughts?

What are some of the best lams out there today? Roll vs Liquid?

I have quotes on a Seal EL 65" and Royal Sovereign 1651LSF with front feed assembly.

Not sure about either one yet.
IF I had to Start Over today, I would buy a HP Latex 365 & GFP 563TH laminator. The 365 you can output fabrics and SAV wall vinyls and with the 563TH you will have a tank of a machine to laminate everything. The 365 is about $14995 right now and the 563th is sub $7,000

Chase

IF I had to Start Over today, I would buy a HP Latex 365 & GFP 563TH laminator. The 365 you can output fabrics and SAV wall vinyls and with the 563TH you will have a tank of a machine to laminate everything. The 365 is about $14995 right now and the 563th is sub $7,000
Awesome I'll take this into consideration.

Any input on liquid lam vs roll lam?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Awesome I'll take this into consideration.

Any input on liquid lam vs roll lam?
I personally like liquid lam vs film for everything but vehicles. we are moving to a more liquid lam company and there are some new liquid lams out that I feel are way better than film for many reasons including hardness.