• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2x white 1x cmyk profile

dweavers

Does such a profile exist for the BN-20?
I print alot of decals for RC models, so use white ink alot.
To get a good white ink you need 2x hit of white ( so far not a problem)
But when it comes to overprinting the CMYK you can forget about returning to origin as the machine just ain't that accurate ( talking about needing to be within .1 of a point)
So I am using my own edited profile where it prints white X2 and followed at the same time with CMYK, slow but gets the job done.
Problem is with X2 white also comes X2 CMYK, so what I have done is edited the amount of CMYK back to around 18/% to get a good colour.
Is there a profile that will lay done X2 white and CMYK at normal levels in the one pass that is colour accurate.
Striving for perfection, as my yellows end up too dark and if I reduce my magenta the Reds are too dull.
Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• 295309375_522389036265421_8985372543082613225_n.jpg
    295309375_522389036265421_8985372543082613225_n.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 195

netsol

Does such a profile exist for the BN-20?
I print alot of decals for RC models, so use white ink alot.
To get a good white ink you need 2x hit of white ( so far not a problem)
But when it comes to overprinting the CMYK you can forget about returning to origin as the machine just ain't that accurate ( talking about needing to be within .1 of a point)
So I am using my own edited profile where it prints white X2 and followed at the same time with CMYK, slow but gets the job done.
Problem is with X2 white also comes X2 CMYK, so what I have done is edited the amount of CMYK back to around 18/% to get a good colour.
Is there a profile that will lay done X2 white and CMYK at normal levels in the one pass that is colour accurate.
Striving for perfection, as my yellows end up too dark and if I reduce my magenta the Reds are too dull.
Appreciate any help.
I have read hat in the latest flexisign you can customize your colorspace, i guess you would call it...
I have intended to give something like that a try, but have not had time yet