• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$3.000 joke!

peavey123

I used to use flexi at my last job. Had all the errors listed above. I don't doubt it was a hardware problem as the computer was crap. Anyone tried Flexi for MAC? I wonder if it would have the same issues seeing as you can't really blame the MACs hardware. lol

signguy95

Price is pretty steep, but if you add the cost of AI, plus a rip software, it can get more costly.

Not saying it's justifiable, but your not just buying the designing part with flexi pro...you are also getting a rip, too. I haven't used any other rip beside flexi and the mimaki rip that came with it, but I think flexi's rip does a pretty decent job for my needs? I'm sure other rips can or maybe do a better job, but I haven't tried them.

As stated everyone has their opinion, and by far am I stating flexi is the Sh*t, but if looking for just a design program, flexi is way overpriced, but considering the rip engine as part of it, makes it more acceptable.

As always it's best to use what is comfortable to you, and not let someone decide what's best for you... I'm very comfortable with the flexi products, so I tend to default to that for most use, but as I get better with AI and even PS, I see myself using those more and more.

One day I may actually drop flexi, altogether, and invest in a different rip? But until then I will keep learning AI and still use flexi! :)

I think if SAi would develop a true 64 bit app it may spur a better and more stable program. Utilizing the full capabilities of 64 bit, with the added ram, could actually stabalize the system a little better?

Jay

bjones

Never in a million years would I do a professional quality design in Flexi.. NEVER. It's a decent too to rip/print/cut my completed art but to design in that pig? no way. I'll stick with CS3 thanks :)

Flame

Flame... your newfound superior know-it-all-ness is getting a little old.

So who's the pot and who's the kettle here? :rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll:

E-machines - bad

Flexi - bad

8oz banner material - bad

Chinese vinyl - bad

Chinese cutters - bad

printing everything on high speed - bad

Relying on a 3m Warranty - bad

Not putting a watermark on proofs - bad

Not welding your scripts - bad

Buying anything from HP - bad (they are our competition now....)

Relying on Calgraph - bad

Lava inks - bad

Harbor Freight power tools - bad

Badmouthing the competition - bad

Drinking 2 day old coffee - bad

lol. Just all some stuff you learn along the way, I learned the hard way on all of those. To each their own, I'm just throwing out what I've learned and I believe, in the end it's YOUR decision. :peace!:

Oh, and btw.... I talked to someone that told me emachines teamed up with Gateway recently, so they stopped using leftover parts (can you say.... Dell?) and have actually really improved their quality the past 10 months. I googled it and it's true. So I apologize, I guess they've made a turnaround.

Sticker Dude

I have never had any problems with mine of course I dont print so..
But one question??
If you know people trash talked Flexi
Then why the hell did you buy it and put out $3000.
Dee-da-Dee

tooserious

I have had it since Flexi Cut!!!!!!!! It used to be great...I have not had the stability problem you guys talk about . My computer used to crash with it but it was the processor. Since I have installed the 2.6 Quad core and 8 gig of RAM things are good on vista and I don't sit and wait too long unless someone else has made a bitmap for print that is 1 gig!!!!!!!!!!

ChristianSlager

Once in a blue with pink polkadot moon do we have crashing issues, and it's typically caused by us having too many things going on at once. Using version 8.6v2... dell xps 400 with 2 gig of ram. xp sp3

My new designer that has been here for about 4 weeks now and is a hardcore adobe fan, daily says "dang it! why doesn't adobe have this feature!?!?! It just makes this so much faster!"
In his opion, Flexi has superior node editing tools, superior auto trace, superior outline/effect tools that allow you to change the text after applying it. Superior masking tools, that once again, allow you to change the text after applying, superior alignment tools (to the artboard)....superior methods of sending proofs to clients. And this isn't from me, who is a big advocate, this is from a newbie to flexi that is a long time adobe user...

Legman

Kinda ditto!

I'm very new to the biz, but if you think the program sucks try to get ahold of the company!

Now THAT is a joke. Talk about crappy support. I can't imagine the disdain a prospective customer would have for SAI if they called BEFORE they bought their software!!!!

I bought a Graphtec CE5000 about a month ago and just found a deal on a printer that was running with "photoprint V 4, but the giuy lost his disk. Not a problem you say? Just get a replacement disk fro SAI???

FAT CHANCE MARGRET!! When SAI updates their software they toss out all the old stuff and don't/won't provide replacement software disks........and I sure as hell didn't find this out fro SAI because they won't EVER answer the phone. I found it our from one THE most knowledgeable women I've ever talked to.....and she works for Sign Warehouse. Mna what an awesome person to talk to.

Sign Warehouse needs to give that Sweetheart a raise!!!

ATTENTION: If anyone has a good disk for Photoprint V 4 I'd be interested in buying it. I have the key. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

EMAIL ME AT pbbm@comcast.net.

jbennett

I have never seen any program that didnt have some kind of crash when you load a computer down and use daily. Some of the annoyances of windows bothers me more than the occasional flexi crash. I have learned to save save save. It does cost me some extra time though. I had windows to force a restart the other night in the middle of a print. I wanted to beat the ---- out of Bill Gates and the Windows Team right then and there :) Luckily it was probably only about 18 inches into the print: however, I had NOT saved at that point and it cost me a good deal of extra time. I used Inspire prior to Flexi. It had its annoyances too. A lot of the times when I tried to undo a color change it would freeze on me.

Someone was talking about 16 gb of ram, wow, XP won't even handle that much will it? I'm not sure about Vista. I have a 2GHz machine with 4 gig and it does what I want it too.

gamerxr72

Flexi is great so long as you don't design with it. We use it for our cutters.

We make everything in illustrator and export it for use in Flexi. For our print and cut, we use Wasatch SoftRIP.

Like every piece of industry specific proprietary software ever, they've got their problems.

Tharnpheffa

I like Flexi and do a lot of design work within it. Aside from an occasional crash I find it very dependable. Sure, I learned a long time ago to save my work as I go (as with Illustrator and Photoshop). When Flexi does tank it allows me to save 1st anyway.
As someone who like many others runs a Roland, the cutter, my mail, Facebook and Pandora most of the time it's understandable Flexi might cut out once in a while. :)