• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3/8 matte black acrylic

tverdin

Does anyone know what i can buy 3/8 matte black acrylic? i dont care about the sheet size, it can be 4x8, 4x10, 5x10, 6x6, whatever. I just need it to be 3/8" and matte black. Everywhere i find says its a 15 sheet min. I cant do that. maybe 5 sheets but thats max. email me if you know of any place, thanks tverdin2@verdin.com

signage

This was answered in your original post! see here you do not need to start a new one! Admins do not like multiple posts on the same subject!

tverdin

I realize i got "1" answer in the other thread however it wasnt helpful because neither place offered it. so i thought maybe if i extented to a place that was specifically for materials it may catch someones eye that could help me out. sorry i didnt realize they were to strict on someone trying to get answers as quick as possible by posting in more then 1 place.

tverdin

I called TAP. they only offer the matte in 1/8. having trouble with this one. I didnt think it would be so hard to find. I guess i may have to stick with either sandblasting it, or painting it to get the color i want.

J Hill Designs

what about translucent black vinyl overlay? it has a matte finish...or matte laminate overlay...don't know the application, so not sure if it will work, but it's a thought...

tverdin

the company i work for wants to stay away from doing any overlays. and i know they make it in 3/8 i lucked into it one time and i have found plenty of places that can get it, they just will only get it if i buy a skid full and thats not an option for me at this time. I think maybe i am out of luck

LB

Don't know the application, but could you bond 3 -1/8" pcs together? Are you making letters out of it? It could be laser cut and then bonded together to make the thickness. Weldon solvent acrylic adhesives (or others) would do the job.