• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

315 printing issue - Ink, Optimizer, or Substrate?

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
The black bar at the bottom is the barcode line; it should be jet black of course. Printed a few dozen of these and the problem was fairly random over the total print. Replaced the black and the optimizer today. I'm 7ml into the black and 1ml into the optimizer. Any ideas? Look familiar? Thanks everybody!
why.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Picture leaves a little room for guessing but most likely plasticizer on the material, nothing wrong with the printer.

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
Picture leaves a little room for guessing but most likely plasticizer on the material, nothing wrong with the printer.
The only weird thing about that is it's a new roll and I'm 75% through it and only now seeing it happen

ToTo

Professional Support
Wipe particular with IPA and print onto. You will see immediately if plasticizers are the reason.

citysignshop

remember, the START of your roll is the END of their run, and vice versa, so pretty much anything can happen. A few years ago, Orajet cast 3951 had a weird 'spray' mottling on the first few yards...something in their process wasn't clicking, and every roll had this for quite some time. I've tried an IPA wipe, and sometimes that Removed their coating, making it unprintable! typically it does remove contaminants, might be best to use a dilute solution, 70% max.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
did you check your optimizer print head?
It's been my experience that when you replace one print head, you might as well replace them all.