• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3D Floor Graphics

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I've looked all over the net for tutorials on how to do something like this. I should have asked here first. :)

I want to print 3D floor graphics like the attached sample.
Has anyone done this who can share on how they did it.

The two pepsi ones give a good example of what I'm talking about.
I know it has a lot to do with the perspective and how the eye sees it from a certain distance and angle to the design.

But do you need special 3d software? or can this be done in photoshop illustrator or corel draw? I'm thinking that each decal would have to have a original photo shot from the ideal perspective and then add the graphic elements to that base photo? I don't know.....

Please post any ideas or tutorial links.

Thank you for your help.

Chris

Attachments

• 5183488151_e65fb17fb0.jpg
    5183488151_e65fb17fb0.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 6910562287_3acc9f2791_z.jpg
    6910562287_3acc9f2791_z.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 6910560665_a15fdecb01_z.jpg
    6910560665_a15fdecb01_z.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 175

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm sure there are tutorials out there to design for this. A sidewalk artist named Julian Beever really pioneered this many years back doing them with chalk. http://www.google.com/search?q=julian+beever Once pictures of his work really started getting popular on the web many others started doing them as well. There were other before him of course but his work is what really pulled the technique into the mainstream publics eye. They really only work from one viewing point. From any other perspective they just look strange. I used to look at Julians works with amazement and still do. Always wanted to try to setup some art for digital print to do one myself as well. Just have never really had the time to try and wrap my head around how to set the design up.

ThinkRight

I'm sure there are tutorials out there to design for this. A sidewalk artist named Julian Beever really pioneered this many years back doing them with chalk. http://www.google.com/search?q=julian+beever Once pictures of his work really started getting popular on the web many others started doing them as well. There were other before him of course but his work is what really pulled the technique into the mainstream publics eye. They really only work from one viewing point. From any other perspective they just look strange. I used to look at Julians works with amazement and still do. Always wanted to try to setup some art for digital print to do one myself as well. Just have never really had the time to try and wrap my head around how to set the design up.

Wow !
Those are so cool

genericname

I don't know about tutorials, but it should be an easy enough effect to produce.

I'd say you start with your product shot at the angle you want to portray, take a reference shot of the location to which it will be installed, at the ideal viewing location and angle, drop it in photoshop, set up a vanishing point, plop in your art, and stretch it with perspective to fit a measured area.

rydods

I was going to try something like that but I have to brush up on my vanishing point skills. I tried using distort and perspective already and had turn out somewhat 3D. but not quite what I was looking for.

And then I saw a post that someone else was asking for the same thing and another person responded saying that there is only one company that is truly doing it right and that's a company out of Germany called shapeshifters. They are very good as I checked it out. Masters of it.

Thanks,

Chris

J Hill Designs

been looking into this on and off today...not totally getting it yet, but its very intriguing. I found this picture tho. way cool:

Attachments

• FZW1NONG9NH8TJN.MEDIUM.jpg
    FZW1NONG9NH8TJN.MEDIUM.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 186

rydods

Isn't it crazy that there isn't much on the web on how to do this like the shapeshifters company? I've been looking for 3 days and have seen everything on anamorphic images, sidewalk art, that free software that doesn't do quite like what i'm talking about and so on. I think it's such a cool thing, and that those who know how to do it effectively of course aren't going to share.

Thank you to those of you who have given your input. At least we are all inspired by this. Now if we only had time to actually test it and do it. :)

longlivemedia

I think that's not the case. There are those who are really generous with their talents. Maybe you can find a lot similar to this in YouTube.