• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M™ MCS™ Warranty for Traffic Printer question

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I'm confused about something with the ink configuration on this printer. On one hand, they have claimed the printer can achieve all the required MUTCD colors using CcMmYKGy inks, and then they mention a set of spot color inks as well. Just wondering what is really going on here.

The Colorpainter doesn't use spot color inks to hit certain colors like the Avery TrafficJet (Mutoh). There may be other machines that require this also. I was one of the leads for Colorpainter Traffic when I was at OKI. What Rick was talking about is that they can hit MUTCD spec colors (not 100%) using the 7-Color inkset without Spot colors. He may have misspoke, but that is what he meant.

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
The Colorpainter doesn't use spot color inks to hit certain colors like the Avery TrafficJet (Mutoh). There may be other machines that require this also. I was one of the leads for Colorpainter Traffic when I was at OKI. What Rick was talking about is that they can hit MUTCD spec colors (not 100%) using the 7-Color inkset without Spot colors. He may have misspoke, but that is what he meant.

Thanks for this clarification. Just wondering- when you say "not 100%", do you mean that with the M64S that there are certain MUTCD spec spot colors that are >3 delta e 2000 off with the CcMmYKGy inkset?

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Thanks for this clarification. Just wondering- when you say "not 100%", do you mean that with the M64S that there are certain MUTCD spec spot colors that are >3 delta e 2000 off with the CcMmYKGy inkset?

With the 7 color inkset, proper Nikkalite media, proper media profile and color management settings, the following colors fall within the MUTCD spec: Yellow, Black, Red, Blue, Green, Brown. As are as the delta e measurements, I'm not sure. I didn't get that deep into it in my position with OKI, only that these colors were to MUTCD spec.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-11 130829.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-11 130829.png
    196.8 KB · Views: 98

Commando

With the 7 color inkset, proper Nikkalite media, proper media profile and color management settings, the following colors fall within the MUTCD spec: Yellow, Black, Red, Blue, Green, Brown. As are as the delta e measurements, I'm not sure. I didn't get that deep into it in my position with OKI, only that these colors were to MUTCD spec.
I couldnt get solvent ink to print good on their HIP.
Hek, even their EG and super EG is a problem.