• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m 2080 Flip Cast film Printing????????

DRPSignsNGrafix

Has anyone tried printing on this film? I think i might work really cool for a personal project. Didn't know if anyone has had any luck trying to print on it.

Has anyone tried printing on this film? I think i might work really cool for a personal project. Didn't know if anyone has had any luck trying to print on it.

Not sure how this could work, as this media has a removable film on it's face which is intended to be removed only after installation is complete.

DRPSignsNGrafix

Not sure how this could work, as this media has a removable film on it's face which is intended to be removed only after installation is complete.

Yes it does. However it's there to help with install. My thought process is to remove it and print on it. Then maybe Laminate, haven't decided yet. Then install. My question is more to the wondering if anyone has tried and see how it accepts the ink.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I would wager that it prints pretty decent with that film removed on a solvent printer.
I've removed the film from chrome vinyls and printed onto them with good success. Just try not to touch it and keep it clean.

If you're doing a long print run you might want to remove the film with your laminator (kinda like reverse lamination).

The Sign Goddess

Vinyl Slayer by trade
I've successfully printed on 1080, laminated, and contour cut. It accepted ink like any print vinyl. Was on a vehicle for two years before it was stripped to be sold and looked just as good as day one without any adverse effect to the adhesive.
I run a Roland VS-640.

As far as the film on 2080, it can be removed prior to installation/printing. It's to help reduce scratching with the installation.