• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m Bright Orange..... I despise you

Flame

Anyone got any ideas to help me out with this one? Here's the rundown. Need to do a pair of stripes for a show car. Pretty small, 6" x 6' , just a pair of them for 1 car. Customer didn't like any Oracal orange but found a 3m Orange that matched perfectly to his powder coating. So there's my problem... I'm not buying a chunk of 1080 for this small of a job. Their price is hideous. I found Scotchcal in that color, but $10 a yard!? I ordered it up anyways, cut them out, and customer didn't get them on straight so now we're ordering it again.

I don't want to pay $10 a yard again, and have it special shipped (no warehouse on the west coast has that color!) for such a small project. It's a good customer and I want to take care of them, but there has to be a orange that I can get easier. I never use 3m vinyl so am clueless on their products...Oracal doesn't have a color match, and Fellers rep was of no help. Any idea of a matching orange, or does 3M have another series of vinyl I can get my hands on that is available in bright orange?

Called another local supplier and they couldn't tell me if bright orange is available in any other series but would be happy to sell me a $20 color chart. SMH :banghead: lol

SignosaurusRex

Gerber's Bright Orange is re-branded/converted 3M. Same stuff... different name and backing sheet. Denco in Portland will have it.

Malkin

Gerber's Bright Orange is re-branded/converted 3M. Same stuff... different name and backing sheet. Denco in Portland will have it.

What he said. Look for the Gerber 220 series #14 is Bright Orange and will match the one from 3M 7125.

I keep some on hand and can send it to you if you run out of luck. Though it may take a week to get there. $20 would probably cover 15" x 7ft + UPS ground.

Baz

Whatever price i get from a supplyer i just mark it up accordingly.

Good customer or not he is chosing a product that you do not stock and for such a small amount it is understandable that it is priced at a premium.

Your customer should understand this.

Flame

Whatever price i get from a supplyer i just mark it up accordingly.

Good customer or not he is chosing a product that you do not stock and for such a small amount it is understandable that it is priced at a premium.

Your customer should understand this.

Yes but this is the 3rd time cutting these and I'm trying to make the job as easy for both of us as possible. I'll consider it a part of my customer service to try to find a easier/cheaper way for one of my top 5 customers. This should've been a 1/2 hour easy job but the color, and availability, and ****ing price of 3m is putting a kink in my style.

Thank you to Malkin and Srex, I'm hitting up Denco now to see what they have for Gerber!!!

Baz

I understand your point.

You should put them on this time (expecially since he's a top 5 customer). Do it right and be done with it so you can move on to his more profitable work.

Flame

I understand your point.

You should put them on this time (expecially since he's a top 5 customer). Do it right and be done with it so you can move on to his more profitable work.

I agree 110%

Found the Gerber in Portland and it's on it's way. Thank you guys! :rock-n-roll: