• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ-175 We're Lovin It!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Anyone else using the 3M IJ 175 for wrapping? I'd like to know if anyone has had any issues with it.
We haven't and we are loving it. Thoughts?

CL Visual

We use about 10-15 rolls a month. Mostly box trucks and cargo vans. Stuff we don't have to worry about removing. We had used it on some temp wraps and removal was a nightmare. Installers have been loving it. It's also not good for recessed window areas like a sprinter or transit.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Eventually, you will need to remove those wraps. no ij175 for me.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Anyone using this for other signage? Like long term outdoor flat signage (overlays on Dibond, aluminum, etc..)? I normally use IJ180, just wondering if this will be as good. With the $100 rebate on them right now, I'd like to snag a few rolls.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Tried it.

NO DEEP CHANNELS (sprinter/transit). Tested and it lifts after time. Even with primer and low stretch.

Had to remove the back portion of a wrap. Client changed their mind a few months later. Removal, not good. A lot of adhesive left. I won’t use it.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
We're liking it too! Especially with our Seiko. The IJ180cv3 was so tacky it was hard to install full wraps. Something to do with the way the ink is reacting with the material. We haven't had any issues with deep channels though. But the whole removal thing is not comforting. We haven't had to remove anything yet, but IJ180cv3 is hard enough. Wouldn't it be awesome to just have the best of both....

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Hmmm...I'll keep an eye on the recesses. Haven't had to remove anything that's been on for awhile.
May go back to 180mC though if enough folks are having issues. I'd rather not have the risk.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Update: took advantage of the rebate and we love the installation (almost as much as Avery 1105)....BUT....recesses did indeed become an issue in several installs (lifting) even after making sure they were properly cleaned and installed including post heating.
I think my days of 175 are over...back to 180mC UR....since Avery and HP Latex don't get along nice (delamination).
sigh....

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Update: took advantage of the rebate and we love the installation (almost as much as Avery 1105)....BUT....recesses did indeed become an issue in several installs (lifting) even after making sure they were properly cleaned and installed including post heating.
I think my days of 175 are over...back to 180mC UR....since Avery and HP Latex don't get along nice (delamination).
sigh....

My Cast and Latex go together like peanut butter and jelly!