• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ-35C vs. 3M IJ180C

Kottwitz-Graphics

I am about to purchase some printing from my go to printer, a national supplier, who has very good prices. (You all know who I mean, but I am not mentioning the name, because of this posting in an open forum, and not the members only forums).

When I log on, I see they are offering a new material, the 3M IJ-35C. I have always purchased the 3M IJ180C. What is the difference between the (2)?

I am applying the finished print to a flat MDO painted panel, so there are no compound curves. The only issue that I may have is one panel is 48" x 60" and has to be applied in a single piece.

Thanks in advance.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Are they laminated ?? For that application, you shouldn't have any problems, either way. If you don't have a laminator, just use a Big Squeegee.

rossmosh

35 is calendard and the 180 is cast.

35 is for interior or shorter term signs. 180 is for exterior and long term signs.

danno

I have noticed that the IJ35 will draw up over a period of time. If this is used for long term, longer than 6 months, I would stay with the IJ180c.

Couldn't they have just upgraded the Orajet 3651 to 3651RA and had basically the same thing? I wonder if they are phasing 3651 out or if there is just that much demand for the comparable 3M product.

IJ35 - 3.2 mil, calendered, grey permanent adhesive, 5 year rated.
3651RA - 2.75 mil, calendered, grey permanent adhesive, 5 year rated.

I am about to purchase some printing from my go to printer, a national supplier, who has very good prices. (You all know who I mean, but I am not mentioning the name, because of this posting in an open forum, and not the members only forums).

When I log on, I see they are offering a new material, the 3M IJ-35C. I have always purchased the 3M IJ180C. What is the difference between the (2)?

I am applying the finished print to a flat MDO painted panel, so there are no compound curves. The only issue that I may have is one panel is 48" x 60" and has to be applied in a single piece.

Thanks in advance.
180 is more expensive and a little thinner. We use it (laminated only) for vehicles. The 35C is great for flat services--we use it on ACMs for real estate/site signs all the time. The air release feature makes it very easy to use, and it's significantly less expensive.

jfiscus

Rap Master
IJ35c is for 2-3 year projects. 180c is for 5-7 year projects.
What laminates are they pairing with these vinyls????
8509 would be good with the IJ35c and 8519 would be good with the 180c.