• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M IJ180mC-120

D3G

This is probably a stupid question but does anyone know any suppliers that sell the new 3M IJ180mC-120 in small amounts, like 5-10 yds? I have a customer that is adamant that he wants this material for his truck but I can't see buying a roll just for one job.

Thanks,

Rich

signman315

Signmaker
Sorry Rich I'm not aware of any vendors willing to sell small amounts of that material. You could ask Grimco or Fellers for a sample roll might be enough to do what you have to? But I am curious if anybody has experience with the IJ180MC vs the IJ180cV3? Maybe that's not the right question for this thread? If so I'll repost as a new thread. I'm thinking about switching from the 180cV3 to the 180MC but thought I'd see what other's experiences were. Seems like a sweet new material in concept but don't know of anyone using it regularly yet. Thanks folks!

AKwrapguy

Why not just use 1080 series? If he's just going to do a plain wrap wouldn't the 180mc be too thin without laminate?

I contacted my 3M rep last week to see if I could get a sample of the 1080 metallic gold. I wanted to see how well it would print since I have a small job coming up that may require it. When I told him just a foot or two should suffice he said "You mean you want a 5 yard sample, riiiight?" So my replay was "Ummm, sure?" He said he's allowed to give away so much material per month and not to feel bad because he's just doing his job. So needless to say, I got a 60" by 5 yard roll of this stuff to test. Had I ordered it from Fellers by the yard I would have paid $150 for a piece that size. It never hurts to ask. You might get the 5 yards you need to do the job free of charge.

juan.runnells

Production Manager Wide Format
Samples are definitely the way to go, if you have a good relationship with your supplier,they will definitely supply you with complementary samples

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
I Wish they would sell half a roll :( i paid around 1600 for this with lam. Not as bad as the 780. tha'ts like nearly 3 grand with lam!!!