• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M increasing their pricing

HulkSmash

starting this summer their pricing is going up by 4%.
Must be because the economy is doing so awesome :rolleyes:
im so excited..:wink:

DRamm76

Dont worry..with all the money everyone saves using 3rd party inks they wont even feel the pinch! LOL (insert sarcasm here)

I dont get it..if a $69.99 ink cartridge yields a cost of about 20 cents psf on standard print mode..and there are people paying $40 per cartridge in 3rd party..how come people aren't making more money?!!? Just saying

njshorts

go oracal! we're happy as an all-oracal shop. i've been using them for 12 years, added 3m for wraps for about 6 months... then went all oracal again.

petepaz

3m prices go up regularly, they don't need a reason they are 3m

we can buy direct from 3m and it's crazy the way their pricing goes
another thing that kills me about them is if you are a distributor of their products you can only be approved to sell certain items. They have different departments and if your sell something from one department that doesn't mean that you can sell something from another department (i used to buy vinyl from one distributer and then tried to buy some adhesive from them and they weren't allowed to sell that product) wouldn't you make more money if you just let your distributors sell all your products?

petepaz

Not too sure than anyone here is in a position to advise 3M on how to best make money. :rolleyes: They do pretty good on their own.
yeah i would imagine they don't need any advice from me but it just never made sence to me i used to have 3 different venders to order 3 different 3M products because they were in different catagories/divisions of 3m
and no doubt 3m is making money just fine

SignosaurusRex

yeah i would imagine they don't need any advice from me but it just never made sence to me i used to have 3 different venders to order 3 different 3M products because they were in different catagories/divisions of 3m
and no doubt 3m is making money just fine
No Sh**!
As Government grows.....we pay more for products from 3M. They give away more product every year (value wise) to local Government agency sign shops than I care to think about.

petrosgraphics

3m has a great product...their high end reflectives can't be beat....

their real problem is with customer service.. or the lack there of...... try calling

with a question, thats when the fun really begins......