• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions 3m primer and avery vinyl

Patentagosse

No. Learned it the hard way. Put some on a Sprinter van 10 years ago, lifted everywhere in corner. Had to reprint the job and reinstall. Even the Avery rep told me not to. Instead I use ProBond (which I also use for PPF) So far so good no comeback

My 0.02¢

• Informative
Reactions: 2B
I was told to use Probond when I switched from 3M to Avery. From what I understand, Primer 94 should only be used on 3M, all other brands use Probond.

netsol

No. Learned it the hard way. Put some on a Sprinter van 10 years ago, lifted everywhere in corner. Had to reprint the job and reinstall. Even the Avery rep told me not to. Instead I use ProBond (which I also use for PPF) So far so good no comeback

My 0.02¢
interesting.
so the chemistry of the adhesives is that different?

Broome Signs

Interesting
just looking at the Probond, do you have a product number for it as there seems to be a hole heap of products out there

Superior_Adam

Interesting
just looking at the Probond, do you have a product number for it as there seems to be a hole heap of products out there
Pro Bond.jpg

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Interesting. We have used it on Avery quite a number of times without issue here.

johnnysigns

I've used 3m Primer with Avery too, although I would trust the advise of the folks above that have had issues. It's only been a handful of times I've had to do this and it was for a larger pool of fleet vehicles - meaning the client almost never complained when there were glaring issues in the past.

petepaz

i use the 3m Primer 94 on many occasions with all different types of vinyl and no issue. it does say not to use it with anything other than 3m materials but i proved them wrong.
best why to find out is run your own tests internally.