• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M Scotchcal 3662 on block walls

aerial

QCB
I have to install this on an interior painted block wall. The company I install for is having trouble getting textured wall wrap material, and is throwing this at me to install. They have not tested it and are not willing to pay me for an extra trip to do an adhesion test. If you have used this material, I would appreciate comments on how it installs. 3M bulletins advise brushing it down, with like a rivet brush.
Thanks in advance!

aerial

QCB
Ok, to answer my own question - the material is easier to install than heated textured vinyl. It looks good on the wall, but does not look like it was painted on. The material spans the mortar lines in the block. It sticks very well after a thorough cleaning with alcohol. However, it is heavy, and time will tell if it stays on the wall. 3M strongly advises testing the material on the chosen wall, and I totally agree