• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

$4 HP L500 Hack

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
So, I thought after all the R&D they put into these machines, it was quite silly they didn't put a handle on the window. There's a small gap along the bottom, my fingers, being pretty slim barely fit under, so I just got the hardware from Lowe's and put a handle on myself.
See Pic Attached

Attachments

• HPHandle.jpg
    HPHandle.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 317

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I also wrapped the heater section but it seemed to make it hotter, so I took it off cause that scared me. It was brand new and I'll probably try it again after taking temperature measurements. Anyone else wrap theirs yet that can speak to this?
Anyone else "Mod" their printers with anything...let's see it.

ExecuPrintGS

Looks good, ive thought of doing the same to our L360 for a handle... have also thought about wrapping it, but never had the time..

jayhawksigns

Handle is on my to-do list, especially when you see a feed issue and I am trying to save it from a head crash.

Also wanted to add some more felt bumpers there in the middle and on the sides.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Ha..I added one to mine too, just a strip of black PVC with VHB on it.

Attachments

• handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 246