• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4 Pass mode issues (Onyx Production House 7)

njohnston

When I try to print in 4 Pass (fast) mode using Onyx Production House 7 my image explodes to 3 times the size. All media profiles do this. I'm printing to a Mutoh 1614. 8 Pass works great but I'd like to use that fast banner mode for things that don't require high quality.

Anyone ever see this?

njohnston

little more info on this one. Onyx 7.3 and it only has issues in 4 Pass Bi directional. Uni seems to work fine.

mzoty

Hi,

If you change an extant (factory) profile in the Onyx which has a set number of passes, this will the throughput.
If you want to print in 4 pass mode you have to make a brand new color profile for that media.

conclusion: in the profiles of the onyx, you can change the effect, heat settings, or you can determine the head speed (240cps/320cps).
If you change any other settings (pass number, resolution, ink drop size) you will have problem with the throughput of the print.