• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

48" prism jet extra ???

SlightlyChilled

Ok I might have a printer fall into my lap DONT BLAST ME yes I am new so lets try to help not hurt.....Think you all know what I mean...

I have looked around but have not found to much about them. Just little bit here and there. Some say its good some say its bad. Are they known for problems,whats the up keep on it? How much down time can it have from job to job? Should this be a frist large printer?

Thanks

Letterbox Mike

They're OK, just a rebranded Mutoh Falcon. They print well but they're slow and can be frustrating. They're probably better for you if you're somewhat mechanically inclined and can do you own repairs and maintenance though.

For a first printer, it'll either teach you alot and get you ready for a bigger better unit or it'll frustrate the hell out of you and you'll never go down that road again.

luggnut

i have one and it has been making money for me for 2 years now... it is slow but my operation is small and it is rarely a bottleneck.

if it is a good deal and everything works , go for it .. there is alot to learn with any printer though. does it come with a RIP or do you have one?

SlightlyChilled

Thanks all for the replys :) I need to look a little more into it I have been told it sould be fill with ink and its back on-line to a point. I will find out about the Rip software. Im hoping for a full setup and test run for a bit to see if I can get the hang of it. Would you guys mind if I ask some questions down the road if I hit a snag.

luggnut

you will need a RIP and there aren't any cheap ones... so if it doesn't come with it... (most were sold bundled with flexisign)

expect a learning curve , this won't be like a desktop inkjet that just prints when you send it a file... you will need to learn a lot about color management to get good results.

good luck and there are a lot of knowledgable people on the board that are willing to help.