• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4'x12' Substrate?

SignStudent

On my roof there are two frames meant for 4'x'12' signs. The neighboring buildings also have the same frame with what I'm pretty sure is just one big sheet, no seams. I haven't gone up to look and see what they're made out of yet.

Who can I contact to get something like dibond in this size? Or is it a different substrate I'd have to get for such a size?

Billct2

I'm pretty sure my supplier had dibond this size, lexan would also be an option.
I wouldn't mind a seam at that distance though.

Billct2

I just checked and I don't see the dibond in 4x12, they have the lexan on a roll so that's doable. I also checked my aluminum supply house and they do list .040 at 4x12, so you may want to try that type of supplier. None of my suppliers would work for you, too far.

Malkin

I can get .060 or maybe .063 from one of my suppliers in a 4' x 12'. It made for a nice seamless sign with a 1" tube frame and bent aluminum retainer.

TheSellOut

I have purchased straight .080 aluminum in a 4' x 12' sheet before. Any metal distributor should be able to get it for you.

threeputt

Rolled polycarbonate is the way to go. It's inexpensive too. Your supplier can cut it to size, roll it up and ship it UPS.

You can't do that with oversize sheets of aluminum, dibond or whatever.

So unless you're driving down to the vendor to pick it up, that's the way I'd go.