• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4x8 custom printed coroplast sign

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Do you use a liquid laminator or apply by hand?
By hand with a foam brush. Some use rollers, I just like the brush. The liquid laminate levels quite well, all you have to do is make sure the media is sufficiently coated [no dry brush] and there's not big blobs of laminate.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I liquid laminated a couple things and I really like the outcome compared to the vinyl laminate. I applied with a foam roller, 2 coats, seems tough as nails. I can see if you lay a bunch out at the end of the day and liquid lam them all at one time, it's a cost savings vs. vinyl lam. Thanks Bob!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm kinda partial to clearshield. Also, their rattle cans are great for small things. So much faster, too.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'm kinda partial to clearshield. Also, their rattle cans are great for small things. So much faster, too.
That's what I used for my last project. The first time I used some Frog Juice that I had laying around but it was old so I didn't want to use it on customer items.

I bought a gallon of the clearshield and it levels out really nicely. I think I'm going to try it on the high school 4x8 baseball signs. I could print, apply then lay them all out on the tables and laminate before I go home.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Years ago, we used a clear from a company called dana. That stuff was utterly fantastic. Can't find it anymore. You could get a billboard to last 10 years no sweat. Got up to 20 years on some things.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Interesting, I've never considered that liquid laminate might be superior to vinyl laminate. Is that indeed the case?
I'll have to wait a few years in order to give you an accurate answer LOL From what Bob and Gino say...and someone else in another post...liquid lam is very reliable. RJSigns uses liquid lam for back window perf for vehicles.

ikarasu

I liquid laminated a canvas - used frog juice... It looked good.

Also had a 20 FT by 5 FT banner I made that went in a church archway of the pope - The first one got tagged.... they didnt have the money to do it properly and wanted to stick with banner, so I used a Anti Graffiti liquid coat from Maribu... It looked really nice. Takes a heck of a lot longer to do than running it through a roll laminator... We briefly looked into getting a legit liquid laminator because we liked the results, but with car wraps and everything we decided against it. It definatelly gives it a nice look, and I can see it being just as good, if not better than vinyl overlams... I imagine it yellows / burns a lot less too!