• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5000ps & 5500ps printing in Windows 7

Robert Boyd

HP Designjet 5000PS & 5500PS. I am getting ready to upgrade computers to Windows 7 professional 64 bit. I will also be purchasing CorelDraw X5. We still use these two printers on a regular basis. Am I going to have any issues with print drivers?
I saw on the HP site that they have a generic driver. Does anybody have any words of wisdom.

Bly

Sorry, no specific help on this issue.

I just bought a new PC with Windows 7 installed and had a heap of grief getting older printers/dongles to work so installed XP on it - problem solved.

7 won't let you install older print drivers - at all.\
Which meant I could no longer print to my ageing Docucolor 1250.
Fuji Xerox had NFI.

Jthompson Designs

HP Designjet 5000PS & 5500PS. I am getting ready to upgrade computers to Windows 7 professional 64 bit. I will also be purchasing CorelDraw X5. We still use these two printers on a regular basis. Am I going to have any issues with print drivers?
I saw on the HP site that they have a generic driver. Does anybody have any words of wisdom.

Give window 7 about a year before switching seem everyone I have talked with has had printing problems in one program or another " just my Opinion"

Bly

That looks promising. How about the 5000?
I have a feeling HP aren't supporting them any more.