• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

53' Trailer Wrap

"Deposit Please"

You can definitely take care of that 53' trailer with it. It's very rewarding to do all in house if you have the equipment, time & a couple good hands. The roland vp 540 is a great printer & is very able to take care of that job. I know, because i had one. Just make sure you cover all of your expenses and make a good profit with your quote.

speedmedia

It is always nice to keep it inhouse for a job like this even though it is tons of work you have more control over it.

Although outsourcing to a larger company is appealing time and money wise I stopped doing it after a 53' outsourced trailer that needed to be fixed was sent back to the same place on the same printer and the same process after I was told it would match and was so far off I had to eat the cost...

Banners here and there are good but I am leery of wraps since the control is out of your hands. If you really must send it somewhere local where you can work closely with them

thanks,
Kurt

jasonx

Their site sucks, but the product is essentially a huge banner that's velcroed to tracks on the side; but more complicated. The "4 hour" I believe is the install time for both sides. They have two 16' wide printers running side by side almost continuously... must be doing something right.

What happens if the banner tears? You have to redo the whole thing right?

dolce05

outsource nothing. Print it yourself. It will give you the convenience to reprint a panel here or there if needed. Sure the VP will take some time printing, but you need to take baby steps and as you grow can move on to bigger faster machines. If your not a big production shop the extra time your printer takes wont effect your production and if you schedule correctly you'll be fine. One of our machines is a VP and runs all day and maks us money. Make sure you didnt do overkill in your design by doing it at 100dpi 40-50 for that size animal is sufficient