• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

540v 1 day old turns on by it self?

Had unit installed friday. Just walked by and power switch flashing , heat configure flashing , heaters running. Now processing message in window. No computer plugged into it . I did not turn on. Switched off power on front panel last night . left on sub power. Is this normal? :help:

Barry

cinemasign.grafix said:
Had unit installed friday. Just walked by and power switch flashing , heat configure flashing , heaters running. Now processing message in window. No computer plugged into it . I did not turn on. Switched off power on front panel last night . left on sub power. Is this normal? :help:

The newest firmware will turn on the printer once every 12 hours to do a cleaning. This is to prevent ink from drying on the heads causing head clogs. It should auto power off once completed though.

540v

Barry called it. Although i think mine is set for 24 hours. Came on last night too. This time for @ 15 min. The first time it came on for @ 1 hour before i shut it down. Last night like i said @ 15 min and then shut down its self. Thanks for the response. Since the tech was here for @ 4 hours setting mine up ( 1st one he did on mac network) i was a little concerned. Never got a call from the printer priest concerning exorcism.:biggrin: