• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

65" Enduralam dropping?

CheapVehicleWrap

Curious if anyone's every seem a 65" Enduralam drop out of a second story window? I know it'll fit as that's how we got it up here. Every day my enduralam is getting closer and closer to that window. At night it tries to inch back because it's afraid of what's coming. 900 lbs of chinese metal should look pretty damn close to the first valuejet shipped to me as she hits the pavement below with a thundering crash. Maybe I'll put a dumpster below so I don't have to load it, that will also prevent a car from parking there just before impact. So when this happens if nobody's seen it before (which I'm really wondering), I'll videotape it in HD. Shoulda named it Enduralame.

luggnut

or, just a thought, you could learn how to use it....

i have one and use it almost daily... its not the best i know, but it doesn't suck. when it doesn't work.. it is usually my fault.

CheapVehicleWrap

While I don't claim to be an expert, I've spent quite a bit of time with it and have very inconsistent results. Not one to buy lower end tools, in hind sight I wish I had gotten a better model and was actually talked out of one. I'm sure I could have gotten a better model with what this one's eaten. The salesman who bundled this sure made it seem like the one to get. Unfortunately he moved on before it was even delivered.

Vicg

yea what issues are you having ours works like a charm already have 1000's of yards of cast lam thru it. it not a Royal S but its a heavy duty laminator .
Maybe the issue is a simple fix let us know, it s a shame to throw out chinese scrap when thats about all the metal left in the world now a days is either from there , russia or romania.
Vic

CheapVehicleWrap

Well this time the lam is loosening and riding up the backer and bubbled/wrinkled a 10 foot print although I had just ran a 10 foot print through almost perfectly just prior. I wouldn't see the need to adjust the 2 top tensioners in-between. I know of no magic formula for those knobs. Skew is a problem I "deal" with nearly everytime. I no longer use the printed guide marks on the table as I'm convinced the are not accurate. The rollers are perfectly adjusted and have been for quite sometime, which was a whole nother story. Do you think anyone has ever laminated a full roll of any width on this machine? Because as I'm sure you're aware that the take up roll gets more and more glued together the more you run through it. I just can not envision this thing so perfectly tuned and setup to run a full roll.

Last edited:

ProWraps

we've lam'ed miles of media through ours. errors are that of the operator. if the machine is calibrated correctly, and is fed correctly, it will work like a charm.

TheSellOut

How long have you had it? In the first month that I had my "Master" Laminator I wanted to push it out in the street and smash into it with my truck a few times. Now, three months later I feel fairly confident using it! Learning curves are a beach!

CheapVehicleWrap

Anything's possible with this thing and where I got it from. So who here feels confident loading their enduralam with 2 50yd rolls, hitting the green button and going to lunch? Just curious.

luggnut

So who here feels confident loading their enduralam with 2 50yd rolls, hitting the green button and going to lunch? Just curious.

i wouldn't feel confident... probably not with any laminator though. i don't like not being there with the printer take up reel going either.

but i have run 25 yds plus while standing with it ... doesn't take long. i use the kraft paper that is larger than the lam so nothing sticks together.

i have never used a high dollar laminator so i really can't compare .. but they are all the same principal right?
some just have more features like true hot lamination or heat assist etc...right?

Vicg

we run a full backer on the width of the lam also which i know would be an issue if you let lam touch the roller it will want to grab on and possibly wrinkle your work, we just did approx 75 yards not unatended but it worked nice when we do calendered lam we get tiny little bubble effects but after it sits for 24 hours there gone.
You may very well have a lemon its possible since they do come accross in whipping containers and could be jarred when loaded and offloaded.
Vic

luggnut

truthfully i never understood how you run more than a short piece without Kraft paper... a lot say no to the kraft paper though . ..so?

but without the paper you run the danger of things sticking together or sticking to the rollers..etc.

are you thinking if the accuracy was perfect the lam and the print would line up all the way through a 50 yd roll.. seems like there is to much chance of human error for it (or any) to run that perfect.

like i said i have never used a high dollar laminator so i have no idea...

oh yeah! and i saw vids of the high dollar ones they were controlled by compressed air along with all the other features like heat. the air raised and lowered the rollers