• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

700W color tests - Everything is opposite!

Alpha Star

I know you’re getting sick of hearing from me, but in today’s session, I printed CMYK color charts and observed that:

1) 4 color CMYK gives smoother looking colors than 6 color CMYKLcLm, in print mode with 16 pass 110 density.

2) Unidirectional mode looks worse than bi-directional when testing for light color graininess.

3) 1200 dpi looks a lot worse than 600 dpi, again when testing color smoothness.

Surprising results, especially #1. Tomorrow I will try Onyx instead of SAi, and see if that helps.

Haimduek

No these are general characteristics of Latex , you might call our remote support and get some advice. Also try Caldera and Onyx as RIP and make sure you don't have any additional color tables being imposed by your SAI Rip.
You might want to re- RIP the file when you change from 600 to 1200. Also don't understand why would you want to print at 600 DPI when the printer is 1200 DPI native. With latex we print at 1200 DPI in all modes. Looks to me that you are playing with the setting on your RIP.
Hands down the quality of Latex in 6 colors will surpass the smelly toxic cancer causing solvent as well as UV.

stickerhed

No these are general characteristics of Latex , you might call our remote support and get some advice. Also try Caldera and Onyx as RIP and make sure you don't have any additional color tables being imposed by your SAI Rip.
You might want to re- RIP the file when you change from 600 to 1200. Also don't understand why would you want to print at 600 DPI when the printer is 1200 DPI native. With latex we print at 1200 DPI in all modes. Looks to me that you are playing with the setting on your RIP.
Hands down the quality of Latex in 6 colors will surpass the smelly toxic cancer causing solvent as well as UV.
Which HP Latex printers do you have?