• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

700W Sandwich mode - Color Bars possible?

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
Hello All,
I am having a frustrating issue with trying to get color bars to print on either side of my sandwich print image thru Flexi. I can select the option, I can see them in the preview but they don't print on any layer.

I am starting to guess that this is one of those things that is just not supported with sandwich mode prints. Can anyone help or confirm this?

The reason I am trying to print these color bars on my print is that I am having some ink starvation issues 3/4 way thru the print and I cant tell what particular channel is causing the trouble. Its a decent sized print as well, 48" x 110" so it takes ages to even get to the point where its starts showing up.

I have already replaced several printheads that while seemed to have no nozzles out or any print quality issues, they were way past their warranty, 2 of which were at 511 hrs. I hope that solves my problem, but with this machine I am not that confident.

My profile is set to 78pass, 6color, 160% SW if that makes any difference. The media is 3M IJ8150 Transparent

Edit: I have added some pictures showing the ink starvation. In the solid colors of the background you can see the inconsistency of the color. Does this look like a printhead issue? Ink flow issue? Profile issue?

Attachments

• 20221220_110652.jpg
    20221220_110652.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 241
  • 20221220_110701.jpg
    20221220_110701.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
Hello All,
I am having a frustrating issue with trying to get color bars to print on either side of my sandwich print image thru Flexi. I can select the option, I can see them in the preview but they don't print on any layer.

I am starting to guess that this is one of those things that is just not supported with sandwich mode prints. Can anyone help or confirm this?

The reason I am trying to print these color bars on my print is that I am having some ink starvation issues 3/4 way thru the print and I cant tell what particular channel is causing the trouble. Its a decent sized print as well, 48" x 110" so it takes ages to even get to the point where its starts showing up.

I have already replaced several printheads that while seemed to have no nozzles out or any print quality issues, they were way past their warranty, 2 of which were at 511 hrs. I hope that solves my problem, but with this machine I am not that confident.

My profile is set to 78pass, 6color, 160% SW if that makes any difference. The media is 3M IJ8150 Transparent

Edit: I have added some pictures showing the ink starvation. In the solid colors of the background you can see the inconsistency of the color. Does this look like a printhead issue? Ink flow issue? Profile issue?
I have the 700w as well. Anything I tried to print like the images you attached turned out the exact same. I am curious if you figured out the issue. Hoping us 700w users can band together to get the problems figured out.

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
I have the 700w as well. Anything I tried to print like the images you attached turned out the exact same. I am curious if you figured out the issue. Hoping us 700w users can band together to get the problems figured out.
So we were able to narrow down the issue to the yellow channel. We were able get a good print by replacing the MAG/YELLOW head that was the oldest. Of the two MAG/YEL heads, one had like 13 hours on it and the other had 1200 hours on it. It was well overdue. We are going to make it a habit of replacing both of the same color heads at the same time in the future, even if the other shows no evidence of failing. We still have not figured out how to get the color bars to print in sandwich mode.