• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

700W Take-up configuration

Alpha Star

It looks like my take-up is assembled differently than shown in the manual. Was this some kind of update to the design? You can see the silver bar at the bottom of mine was shown to be in front of the suppy roll in the manual. My printer doesn't even have hardware up there to hold it.

Attachments

• 20230703_102831.jpg
    20230703_102831.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 268
  • 20230703_102632.jpg
    20230703_102632.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 131

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Wow someone has messed up. Yeah it's supposed to up up top on same spot.
I think you (or HP should really fix it) have to transfer both ends to the rewinder.

1688479118513.png

Last edited:

ikarasu

Wait a minute....
Is that a dancer bar?

Is material supposed to be wound behind it and then taped up so it doesn't flap around like crazy?

When printing on a fast speed the thing flaps around so much, it's always been so scary. We sent videos to our tech / installer and were told it's normal and there was no dancer bar like other go printers.

How come on every photo hp has its not going behind the bar? It makes sense to me... We've been using it from day 1 without and it hasn't caused any issues, but it's been scary for sure.

1688480915929.png

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Wait a minute....
Is that a dancer bar?

Is material supposed to be wound behind it and then taped up so it doesn't flap around like crazy?

When printing on a fast speed the thing flaps around so much, it's always been so scary. We sent videos to our tech / installer and were told it's normal and there was no dancer bar like other go printers.

How come on every photo hp has its not going behind the bar? It makes sense to me... We've been using it from day 1 without and it hasn't caused any issues, but it's been scary for sure.

View attachment 166002
Well you don't have to use it but you can. I think it works pretty smooth if you route it behind the bar.

Wait a minute....
Is that a dancer bar?

No, that is not a dancer bar, it is a diverter roller. the Latex 700/ 800 Series has a TUR system that is directly synchronized with the media advance, rather than activated by a dancer.

The diverter roller comes into play when the media is being wound print-side-in on the TUR. I have never attempted to route media behind it when wining print-side-out, but it would be theoretically possible (although the ink would be in contact with the roller, which should be fine provided it is fully cured).

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Haha now it makes more sense why it's called diverter.... it didn't even cross my mind as nobody ever seems to collect print side in. Makes sense...... works anyway with print out as well.

BigNate

we tried a Wait a minute....
Is that a dancer bar?

I route the media behind the bar - it helps reduce the flapping.... but this is not a normal dancer bar type system, watch you printer carefully, it will tension the takeup roller between passes from the carriage, but not between, all the flapping should be static when the carriage makes a pass - really scared us when we tried a 4 pass print - more media movement, more flapping. but at least ours seems to have the timing correct so that when the carriage makes a pass the media is laying flat and in position.... the takeup roller sets tension between every pass.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I route the media behind the bar - it helps reduce the flapping.... but this is not a normal dancer bar type system, watch you printer carefully, it will tension the takeup roller between passes from the carriage, but not between, all the flapping should be static when the carriage makes a pass - really scared us when we tried a 4 pass print - more media movement, more flapping. but at least ours seems to have the timing correct so that when the carriage makes a pass the media is laying flat and in position.... the takeup roller sets tension between every pass.
You can change the movement in the media settings if you wish.

BigNate

You can change the movement in the media settings if you wish.
I have not found a reason to change them yet.... but I have played with it. So far I have found that the material handling of the medias that are certified by HP seem to work very well. We have tweaked the color profile a little to match the rest of the shop, but I guess if the flapping get crazy like the Verrazano Narrows bridge (before the collapse...) then I may try to lessen it.... but from watching the media, our 700w seems to be doing what it was designed to do.....