• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

831 Maintenance Cartridge

Vinyldog

Found this used CZ681A Maintenance Cartridge from my L310 in the storage room. I replaced it a few months ago. Am I supposed to be sending this back to HP to recycle or something? It feels like maybe it's got refuse ink inside, so probably not a good idea to just pitch it?

Vinyldog

I thought I remembered hearing something about that. But I'm keeping all my refuse ink and depleted cartridges. Because someday I'm going to use it for something. I'm not sure what yet. I just know I will.

jayhawksigns

I thought I remembered hearing something about that. But I'm keeping all my refuse ink and depleted cartridges. Because someday I'm going to use it for something. I'm not sure what yet. I just know I will.
My wife works with me here, and I swear, if I gave her that line as work as well as home, she would probably kill me.

Vinyldog

I have used the left-over ink to dye glass, making some colorful decorative bottles. And I also have a box of broken glass that I've collected over the years. So I'm thinking of using it to make a stained-glass window.

When I get time.

Vinyldog

Well I spent a lot of time clicking around HP environmental looking for instructions on returning this thing. Lot's of reading material on how they are committed to protecting the environment and sustainability etc. No instructions on how to return the cartridge.

Dan360

Here's a link:

HP Supplies Recycling

Order the amount of boxes you need and then you just fill out the prepaid shipping slip and you're good to go.

Pick 16-1000, otherwise they will send you envelopes which are too small for large format consumables.

Last edited: