• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A few recent installs...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Been playing around with time-lapse videos. Need to figure out how to find & add music.

Edit: Added music to 2nd and 3rd video.

[video=youtube;skHlE3SBSrg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skHlE3SBSrg[/video]

[video=youtube;ReKytM3l1SM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReKytM3l1SM[/video]

[video=youtube;-13ePm5r0Mw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-13ePm5r0Mw[/video]

[video=youtube;LJP6hE7NFnQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP6hE7NFnQ[/video]

Last edited:

Moze

Precision Sign Services
You've done this before haven't you....? :smile: Those videos are great!

For the third video with what looks like clear acrylic letters - are they done with a pounce pattern and silicone?

Thanks...I've done a couple. :)

The third video is acrylic letters with VHB tape. The pattern is a regular outline pattern, no pounce holes - just an outline of the letters. I have a small piece of wood with a very sharp brad driven through it. I use that to mark the 'corners' of the letters. It literally gives me 'pinpoint accuracy'.

Nice work! Fast too!

I was thinking pin-mounted

Thank you, sir. I'm a tad slower in person lol

J Hill Designs

Thanks...I've done a couple. :)

The third video is acrylic letters with VHB tape. The pattern is a regular outline pattern, no pounce holes - just an outline of the letters. I have a small piece of wood with a very sharp brad driven through it. I use that to mark the 'corners' of the letters. It literally gives me

interesting technique

signage

Nice work Moze! Glad to see someone else that believes in cleaning up when finished. I see more people not doing that lately!

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Nice work Moze! Glad to see someone else that believes in cleaning up when finished. I see more people not doing that lately!

Thank you! I always clean up, but this gave me a chance to use my new Bosch vac. :)

Attachments

• 20140530_133621.jpg
    20140530_133621.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 220
  • 20140530_133810.jpg
    20140530_133810.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 209

2B

very nice looking vids, now all you need is your logo done onto your shirts for when you do the installs.

BTW will be borrowing the wood/brad technique, assuming you do teh pinpoints inside the letter frame so it is covered up with the install?

in Vid 3 what is the small tape measure you use for the letter template alignment?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
very nice looking vids, now all you need is your logo done onto your shirts for when you do the installs.

BTW will be borrowing the wood/brad technique, assuming you do teh pinpoints inside the letter frame so it is covered up with the install?

in Vid 3 what is the small tape measure you use for the letter template alignment?

I've thought about the logo on some shirts, but I primarily do installs for other sign companies and some have specified that they don't really want someone showing up with the name of a different sign company than the customer purchased the sign from. (it's late - did that make sense?)

And, correct...I put the letters on the pattern first to determine where the letters actually fall in relation to the pattern, and make the pinpoints accordingly.

The tape is a BMI 'Quicky Tape'. Works great for installing vinyl on door glass, etc.

letterman7

:Big Laugh Drilling all those holes for 'Precision' must have been a bit of a task. I like what you're using for a work station.. can't be just a hand truck, though...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
:Big Laugh Drilling all those holes for 'Precision' must have been a bit of a task.

Sorry, maybe it's because it's early, but you lost me.

I like what you're using for a work station.. can't be just a hand truck, though...

It's the DeWalt Tough Box system. It keeps everything I need for jobs like this in one place. Just put the box of letters on the bottom and go.

Attachments

• 20140319_175037.jpg
    20140319_175037.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 201

letterman7

:Oops: Sorry, I meant to say 'Signature'. Was typing while reading your posts... but yeah.. keeping the circles in order would drive me a bit mad. The box... thank you for that - I'll have to check out Dewalt's system. Better than carrying a bunch of cases around!

Moze

Precision Sign Services
:Oops: Sorry, I meant to say 'Signature'. Was typing while reading your posts... but yeah.. keeping the circles in order would drive me a bit mad. The box... thank you for that - I'll have to check out Dewalt's system. Better than carrying a bunch of cases around!

I want!! :Big Laugh

I love the setup. I call it my 98% box. When installing dimensional letters, signs, etc, I have virtually everything I need in these.

neato

Wow Moze! You are a true pro at what you do. I'm sure I'll be calling to pick your brain one of these days. You make it look so easy!

Stanton

... but I primarily do installs for other sign companies and some have specified that they don't really want someone showing up with the name of a different sign company than the customer purchased the sign from. (it's late - did that make sense?)

I did some consulting for a SMALL sign co in Las Vegas a few years ago.

I showed up wearing a red YESCO tee shirt. I have a HUGE collection of shirts.
And a long pony tail and ZZ Top style beard.

With me, you get more than you pay for.

The dude LITERALLY tried to tear the shirt off my back.

I had to push him against the wall and make him ask to be let free.

(I got paid and gave him good advice.)

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Yeah, some companies get pretty adamant about displaying any company name other than their own. I had an out-of-state company that I did some local work for even go so far as to specify that any vehicles with company names and logos had to be parked so they weren't visible from the store. I don't have any branding on my truck, fortunately.