• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little help is requested

river_rat

Great - I'm reassured (and no, I wouldn't expect anyone to care), and completely agree with the sentiment of mutual help. This forum is an enormously valuable resource. I agree with Bob to a point, and get frustrated with codes, regulations and other strictures that go with an ever-increasing culture of bureaucracy; but that would scare me less than doing away with rules altogether. I enjoy spirited debate, sometimes even heated debate. But when it gets personal, profane or mean-spirited, it's no longer any benefit to anyone .... IMHO, that's where the line needs to be drawn, and any "controls", whether enforced by moderators or by the administrator, all go back to the administrator. The buck stops with the boss, whether himself or his chosen "enforcers" are keeping things in check.
(But it DOES look to me like NEITHER Bob NOR I should be in line for a moderator's position! LOL)

jscarl

I sure agree with Geno on this one. There was once another good signboard that got a lot of big heads and went overboard with kissy, kissy, and money rules.

imaSIGNr

Bob sure has a way with words. I usually reread his post several times . Sometimes I want to get out my dictionary and thesaurus. Sometimes I wonder if he has his there when he creates his replies. Or maybe a Scrabble dictionary ...I also wonder what it would be like to listen to someone speak like Bob does in real life. Is that the way you talk Bob in a conversation with people or do you just try to be witty when on the forum ? I really am not trying to be a smart @$$ either. I am being honest..........:biggrin:

Samm

Signs 101 has reached a point where it has become difficult to keep up with at times. We are getting more and more spam posts, new members trolling for business, signatures that offer products or services and other objectionable posting activities.

What I would very much appreciate would be a report from anyone noticing any such thing as soon as possible. With posts, simply click the Report Post icon (attached example). With other issues, please PM me.

Thank you.

R&U chief!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Bob sure has a way with words. I usually reread his post several times . Sometimes I want to get out my dictionary and thesaurus. Sometimes I wonder if he has his there when he creates his replies. Or maybe a Scrabble dictionary ...I also wonder what it would be like to listen to someone speak like Bob does in real life. Is that the way you talk Bob in a conversation with people or do you just try to be witty when on the forum ? I really am not trying to be a smart @$$ either. I am being honest..........:biggrin:

It's pretty much the way I speak in person. It's either a gift or a curse, depending upon which side of the aisle you happen to sit.