• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A tale of woe for an Epson SureColor printer and Epson parts

RG

I've had my s40600 printer for about 3.5 years. And it has worked very well until February when about 75% of jets in channel 1 (cyan) disappeared. Because I have the service manual and service program, I thought about replacing the head and duct assy and pump assy myself. Then I thought about how much income it has made for me and decided to let a professional replace the parts. I called Epson and they handed me off to Decision1 who sent an estimate of $3,152 for labor and parts. Two weeks later D1 finally sent a tech guy for the repairs. After he replaced all 3 parts, the printer would not turn on. The control panel lit up enough to say "Plug in #2 power cable and turn power off and on again," but would do nothing else. The tech guy called Epson and they said that the new head was bad and caused a fuse to blow on the main board. Their solution was to replace the head and main board. A week later tech came back and replaced the head and main board. That seemed to work and the printer booted up, but now the control paned has an error saying to enter the date and time (00001000). The tech tried to input the date and time through the control panel and through the service program, but neither worked. Another call to Epson the the solution was to replace the main board again. I was able to print a couple hundred square feet for the next week. The tech came back with another main board, installed it and the printer would not turn on. I said OK then put the main board back in that has been working. He did and again we see this message "Plug in #2 power cable and turn power off and on again." #2 power cable was plugged in. Tried another power cord and another outlet and that didn't help. Another call to Epson by the tech and was told that he had to replace the head and main board again. The tech came back yesterday and installed the 3rd head and the 3rd main board and everything is working as it should now. I was without the printer for about four weeks but at least I'm only out what I pay for their estimate. If the same thing would have happened to me if I had done the repairs, I would have been paying for 3 heads, 3 main boards, 1 duct assy, and 1 pump assy. Glad I dodged that bullet. This says a lot about Epson parts. Hope none of you guys have an experience like this.