• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Abandoning Roland.

signrios

Abandoning Roland, for a week that is:wink:
what should i do? i have the cartridges to flush the ink, should i do this or just do a good cleaning and leave it on.
its the vp540 i've only gone 3 0r 4 days of not using it so far, i try to keep it printing even if its just some decals or a two color job.

thanks

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
For a week, just a good cleaning is all you need. You can power it off from the front but not the side power switch. That need to stay on to cycle the sleep cleanings.

signrios

so a good cleaning its all i need and i should be good to go?
i do a good cleaning every week
any body know what percentage of ink will be wasted if i do an ink flush?

thanks

cgsigns_jamie

Ink flush = a lot of ink. I did one on my XC-540 and filled the waste bottle more than half full. My printer has 12 cartridges instead of 4 though...

I left my printer for a week and it was perfectly fine. I just did a manual cleaning and left the main power switch on. As long as the printer has power about every 24 hours it will come on and push a little ink through the heads to keep them from drying out.

Dave L.

You will be fine if its only going to be a week. The printer will cycle on three times a day regardless. You can also set your periodic cleaning for every couple of hours.

Kenny

Left mine from Monday of last week to Sunday...no issues. Just do a maintenance cleaning before you leave and you are good to go. Also, what was said about about leaving the main power switch "On" so it cycles the print heads.

Last edited: