• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

About EPSON s80600 Metallic print

Kelvin Cheng

Hi All ,

I am looking for to buy a new EPSON s80600 at Hong Kong , but I am worry for the metallic effect is not good ! I have try to contact sole agent at Hong Kong but it said no Demo unit at Hong Kong . May I ask any member who have a s80600 can help me print out some metallic swatch and demo printout ? I can paid for it , hope someone can help me !

SlikGRFX

Hi Kelvin,

We don't have the S80600 but we use the Epson Metallic ink in our Roland. Having used both I would say the Epson ink is superior to the Roland Eco Sol metallic ink. It is much finer and doesn't clog the heads anywhere near as much. I'd be happy to send you some samples, just shoot me a PM.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We have the s70675 and I think the metallic out of it sucks, never had a real use for it. When we bought our new printer we just went with a 60600 (dual cmyk).

SlikGRFX

The printer is a VS540. Really we needed the orange ink to hit Pantone 021c so that's why we use Epson inks. So we run Epson orange, red and metallic along with Eco Sol for CMYK + LK. Everything is run using Onyx and the profiles were done by a company in Stockholm where we buy all our equipment, inks etc. It's a pretty good setup. Not as fast as an Epson but that's not important for us. The range of colours is awesome. Now we just need to figure out a way of replacing the LK with the new Roland green ink and I think we could hit 99% of Pantones :)

Here are a couple of photos of the setup. Looks a bit home-made but it works.

IMG_4352.JPG
IMG_4353.JPG

ProPDF

I am taking it you are using channel control in Onyx to take over the LC LM channels? Have you looked at using the aftermarket green ink for the Epson GS6000 if you can grab and control the LK channel? I know on the old rolands there is a way to run orange and green instead of lc and lm without channel control rips but I did not know the newer versacamm would actually take the epson ink. Keep me posted I am curious. I am about to drag in a XC540MT and refurbish the whole thing testing with inks and channel control. I also need to hit 021c and some other colors.

SlikGRFX

Yes I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I didn't create the profiles myself so I'd have to confirm. I did look at the GS6000 ink but I would need to build or find a different type of holder for the cartridge. I'm hoping that the latest Eco Sol Max 3 green can be inserted in place of the LK to keep things neat. I'll update this thread if I find a solution.

ProPDF

Yes I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I didn't create the profiles myself so I'd have to confirm. I did look at the GS6000 ink but I would need to build or find a different type of holder for the cartridge. I'm hoping that the latest Eco Sol Max 3 green can be inserted in place of the LK to keep things neat. I'll update this thread if I find a solution.
Do you have a link for the Roland Eco Sol Max 3 ink? Have they offered any firmware upgrades yet for the versacamm VS models? I can't find anything on their US website about it.

SlikGRFX

Here is a link to the new VersaExpress printer that runs the Max 3 inks. This is the EU site, I can't see this machine on the US site. Strange.

https://www.rolanddgn.com/products/printers/versaexpress-rf-640-8-colour-printer

I got in touch with my tech guy on Friday and he said it's possible to replace the LK with the green. Obviously there are some drawbacks to losing the LK but I don't print so many greys so I think I'd prefer the bright greens. I'm ordering some test print this week and if they're good, I'll make the switch.

ProPDF

Here is a link to the new VersaExpress printer that runs the Max 3 inks. This is the EU site, I can't see this machine on the US site. Strange.

https://www.rolanddgn.com/products/printers/versaexpress-rf-640-8-colour-printer

I got in touch with my tech guy on Friday and he said it's possible to replace the LK with the green. Obviously there are some drawbacks to losing the LK but I don't print so many greys so I think I'd prefer the bright greens. I'm ordering some test print this week and if they're good, I'll make the switch.

I did check into this with Roland DGA here in the USA and their response is attached. Looks like you guys will be getting this option before we here in the USA will. I am sure they want to limit liability in case it causes major problems with those DX7 heads.

If you can ask your dealer who is setting up your machine if this option to add green ink will be available for the previous models Roland XC540 machines as a oem option for Roland as well. For example can you ask if they can get a firmware upgrade for later machines to also run green ink. If that is confusing can you PM me their contact info?

Attachments

• IMG_4468.jpg
    IMG_4468.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 334

yohann

The printer is a VS540. Really we needed the orange ink to hit Pantone 021c so that's why we use Epson inks. So we run Epson orange, red and metallic along with Eco Sol for CMYK + LK. Everything is run using Onyx and the profiles were done by a company in Stockholm where we buy all our equipment, inks etc. It's a pretty good setup. Not as fast as an Epson but that's not important for us. The range of colours is awesome. Now we just need to figure out a way of replacing the LK with the new Roland green ink and I think we could hit 99% of Pantones :)

Here are a couple of photos of the setup. Looks a bit home-made but it works.

View attachment 138542 View attachment 138543
Hello it's possible to have more information I want maybe do same thing it's it possible