• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

about to buy a new machine what do you recommend

capista

hello there

i am about to purchase a new machine instead of the 5500 uv ink so i am thinking about the designjet 210 latex ink , for sign and vehicle wrap

any device , can i count on it ?

thanks in advance :)

The Designjet 5000 series was a landmark printer in it's time; it should be on the Mt. Rushmore of large-format printers.

The modern evolution of that heritage would be the HP Latex 300 series. Both are water-based inks, and have thermal printheads that are user-replaceable, but there are significant differences in terms of compatible print media. The Latex printers are designed to be outdoor durable machines, and thus need to print on media such as uncoated PVC-based vinyl and banner, as well as polyester films, various textiles, papers, and a range of exotic medias for specialty applications.

FrankW

For my opinion, the successor of the HP 5000 are the HP Designjets Z6200, Z6600 or Z6800 (as a Photo Printer with pigmented ink). But today it is possible to print cheaper with latex.