• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Accidently over wrote a Flexi file!!

gabagoo

Is there any way to get it back? This is the one thing I don't like about this software..at least give me a warning screen, like are you sure you want to overwrite the file?. I know in Signlab it creates a backup file that you can change to a cdl file and like magic the original file is back

DPD

It depends on the state it was in at the time. If you didn't close the file then use "undo" until it gets you close or where you want to be. If you closed the file then you would need to recover from a backup. I've never known Flexi to keep an intermediate version. Good luck with this one.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This is why you should have an online backup running. Mine stores copies of each file so I can go back and download whatever version there was in the past.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Do you use Carbonite or something similar to back up in the cloud? If so put it on hold on it immediately. Sometimes it takes 24 hours to for them to update your files. The original file may still be there…

gabagoo

I have off site backups so it was not the end of the world, but it was probably one of the most important files...A colour chart I use daily to match pantone colours. Usually I import the new file then import the colour chart, this particular time I reversed the method and never doing that again. I went through my recycle bin and actually found the original file for the colour chart which I got off this site ( thank you to whom ever uploaded it) I now re saved it 3 times in case I get stupid again...lol