• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Accubend 410 XP Computer

Stormy Conner

So our computer that was attached to the Accubend 410 decided to quit working. We are trying to find a replacement problem is that it has to have Window XP and the port to attach it to the Accubend (don't know what the port is called). Computerized Cutters had a guy that was going to build one but then the guy no longer does that. I have found a website that does legacy computers but not sure if that would work or not. Owner does not want to pay for a new one or to upgrade the 410. Honestly don't know what to do, would appreciate any advice, help, commiseration etc. I am just a graphic designer with only two years of learning sign making business and feel out of my depth.

damonCA21

You can pick up computers and laptops that will run XP fine very cheap on ebay, and should also have the correct connection.

Stormy Conner

So he wants to stop making channel letters?

On the old pc, did the power supply just go bad? That's a cheap and easy fix. Is it just not turning on anymore?
Our guys have been bending by hand. Doing a good job of it too. I wish it was power supply that was the fix for the AccuCut. No the computer was just freezing up then when the Accubend pinged it computer couldn't answer and that was the end of the job. Computer guy looked at the computer and said it was too old to really do anything to. Owner has other businesses that he is more interested in dealing with and only deals with us to okay purchases and use us to make signs for his other businesses.