• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ACM for parking signs

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
When ACM first came out we tried it for some parking lot signs, it didn't hold up well. So we recommend .080, if the client wants to cheap out that's on them. Hell, we have a towing company that gets them on coro
Now that you mention it... I do see a lot of towing company signs on coro around here. Not signs we made... So I wonder how often they have to be replaced.

Boudica

You did well without Google. But I don't know. It might be too much like the frowned upon "participation trophy" . We can let the rest of the forum weigh in. ... While I figure out what a Boudica buck is.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Yes, but I wanted Tex to answer that. Now for 500 Boudica bucks... What was the "Indian chicks" name, and roll in the expedition?
I would of never guessed that. History class was spent passing notes to girls to see which one would go out with me. The only one that would ever come back was from Notareal.

Those two dudes had to of been sleeping with the Indian chick.. how else could they put up with her for such a long journey?

Boudica bucks is the S101 meme currency.

Boudica

I was Colorado last month and on the last day we couldn't figure out what to eat so we went to Texas Roadhouse and I felt like I was committing a crime. They DO know what Texans like though.

Boudica... No idea.
I've been to a Texas roadhouse once... Some sign guy paid me in partial with a gift card. We Took my Mom there for her birthday... I road the horse thing for the birthday spectacle/photo op.. because... I'm the adventurous type and mom not as much. Food was ok.

What is the general consensus for using 3mm thick ACM to make 12"x18" parking signs? I usually have extra space when I'm routing sheets and I thought it would be nice to use some of the sheet up.

Would 3mm ACM be strong enough?
We've used Grimco in the past for our aluminum sign blanks. Not sure where you are located, but we have switched to a Wisconsin based company "Rent-A-Flash", and we can get the 12" x 18" 's for almost $3.00 cheaper than Grimco.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Louis and clark schmark............... They want ya to believe this crap in the new fangled history books.

It was these 3 guys and no dame was involved. It was a donkey. Here's a photo to prove it. The donkey even took the picture.

3 stooges on the oregan trail.jpg