• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Acrylic to stucco surface

Krypto

Owner
Hey, I have a job thats got me scratching my head a bit. It started off pretty straight forward but I'm sure as anyone on here knows the job keeps changing. The job was pinned acrylic lettering to a stucco soffit over the entrance doorway. It turns out that they want the lettering on a solid backer piece and that the soffit slants forward and they want the sign to sit straight. So the technically the top of this sign would be against the stucco surface and the bottoms going to be hanging out an inch or two from the bottom surface. I could use some helpful ideas that would have this 2' tall by 20' wide acrylic sign sitting straight on a slanted surface safely secure. Thank you in advance for any advice!

rossmosh

A picture is worth a thousand words...

But standoffs or simply cutting a piece of lumber to match the pitch will likely be two of the easier options.

TammieH

I will not give advice on something like this,

But a couple questions

Does your client own the building?

Sign Permit?

What is behind the stucco?

If you go with acrylic backer, how thick?

You will have an oil can effect if to thin without a frame

Krypto

Owner
A picture is worth a thousand words...

But standoffs or simply cutting a piece of lumber to match the pitch will likely be two of the easier options.

Thats kind of what I was thinking attaching the top to the stucco and a strip on the bottom to bump it to be straight ,but I just worry about not having enough surface area being attached to be secure enough. The top and bottom and top would be secure with what I'm thinking could end up being a wind tunnel in the middle. Ideally a full coverage pitched backing piece to completely sit on the surface, But over 20' I'm not sure thats all that feasible to produce.

Krypto

Owner
I will not give advice on something like this,

But a couple questions

Does your client own the building?

Sign Permit?

What is behind the stucco?

If you go with acrylic backer, how thick?

You will have an oil can effect if to thin without a frame

I am actually subcontracting an install for another sign place so I don't know all the details as of yet. I'm just trying to come up with an install solution to see if we can move forward with a solid plan in mind. The backing piece will be made of plas tex.

Moze

The method of attachment & its construction/manufacturing needs to be handled by the manufacturer of the sign, not on you, in my opinion. A simple survey showing the height and pitch of the install area gives them what they need. With that size sign, I wouldn't feel comfortable unless it was fastened from the back side (ie: studs through the wall, nuts on the back side).