• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ADA Signage Install

UberDapr

Anyone on here deal in ADA signage installation? I have taken the class and understand all the requirements regarding height, spacing from door, which side of door, etc...

My question is have you ever charged by quantity (install only)? And if so what are your current rates or what would you charge if asked?
Just over 250 units. I will have 2 sign setters to cut time on measuring and 1 other guy installing with me.

Dimensions- 8" x 7"
Mounting- VHB Silicone

All inquiries are helpful.
Hope y'all are having a blessed and busy New Year!

CanuckSigns

If it were my job I would ask $15 per sign of course I would do it all myself
This seems about right. If all the signs are the same size, try to make a jig for the spacing off the floor and distance from the door frame, it will cut your install time down by 2/3 and make it a 1 person job.

UberDapr

This seems about right. If all the signs are the same size, try to make a jig for the spacing off the floor and distance from the door frame, it will cut your install time down by 2/3 and make it a 1 person job.
The "Sign Setter" is my jig so I'm covered there. And Technically there are around 600 ada/vhb signs (250 of which are the same size.) Other than that they differ in size by groups of 20ish. (Biggest 20"x20")

$15per seems fair, but I also feel $20 per is not out of the question..

-Much appreciated on the feed back!

ikarasu

I have to raise my rates.... Wish I was getting $15 per sign on 250+ signs!

We just did about 500 acrylic signs for a building. Install was $10 per sign, and I thought even that was high - I made a jig for height / off the wall location and it took maybe 2 mins per sign. At $10 a sign that was about $300 an hour. Took me 2 days by myself to put them all up (less than 2 days, but 2 days with making a jig and planning out an attack) for $5000 of work. We aim for $100-150 an hour install for most things ... Especially when we're producing the signs and making thousands of that as well.

This was a wholesale rate for a company who handed us the job, and I'm sure they marked it up to their client as well. But I don't think $300 an hour is bad...

I love ada signage because it all goes in the same spot, so no futzing around with the client asking whether they want stuff at 36" or 48" or centered or 1" from the wall, etc... just grab a pack of signs and go to town.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm very impressed with the amount you can make with ADA sign installs. At $15 it looks cheap to the customer, but hourly it's a home run. I've also used the laser level in tripod for larger signs that I don't want to eyeball. Set the level at the right height and you can just blow and gom

Mr.Signboy

The "Sign Setter" is my jig so I'm covered there. And Technically there are around 600 ada/vhb signs (250 of which are the same size.) Other than that they differ in size by groups of 20ish. (Biggest 20"x20")

$15per seems fair, but I also feel $20 per is not out of the question..

-Much appreciated on the feed back!
The Sign Setter is a great tool. I never really liked it for actually mounting the sign, but it makes marking the wall really fast. I usually install ADA signs with 2 guys regardless of the size of the job. Unless there is a time crunch, then I’ll add more people. One guy measures and makes pencil marks on the wall, the other goes behind and sticks the signs up. 2 people that know what they’re doing can get through quite a bit of signs in a day, providing that everything is packaged up in a way that makes sense( each level wrapped together and in order by room number) $15-20 per sign is a good price if you can get it. But even if charged $10 per, you’d still make money.

UberDapr

All valuable inputs. Maybe I will stick around the $15 mark, don't want to seem to brash over stepping market prices. Although we are all due for a raise soon right?

pro-up

All valuable inputs. Maybe I will stick around the $15 mark, don't want to seem to brash over stepping market prices. Although we are all due for a raise soon right?
Where do you install? We provide remote project management and will run into projects needing ADA sign installs. You can comfortably charge $15 - $20 p/sign without stepping out of bounds. Especially, if those larger stair signs (12" x 18") or the 20" x 20" you mentioned are included because they'll take a bit longer since they are larger. The company should be providing you with an install guide (where they want each sign and their approved mounting height). This is usually something they provided to their client, so they will want you to install at those approved levels.

UberDapr

Where do you install? We provide remote project management and will run into projects needing ADA sign installs. You can comfortably charge $15 - $20 p/sign without stepping out of bounds. Especially, if those larger stair signs (12" x 18") or the 20" x 20" you mentioned are included because they'll take a bit longer since they are larger. The company should be providing you with an install guide (where they want each sign and their approved mounting height). This is usually something they provided to their client, so they will want you to install at those approved levels.
Colorado. Denver metro area mostly, But I can honestly be wherever if needed.
I will be conducting the site survey for this install as well, so as long as the client is not back and forth everything should go swimmingly.

Superior_Adam

There is a sign stick that has a level on it and you set it to the height of the sign. Literally takes less than a minute to install a sign and every sign will be the exact same height. Not sure where we got ours as that was forever ago but MBS standoffs sells one. Set the height then hold it against the door frame and hang the sign.

pro-up

Colorado. Denver metro area mostly, But I can honestly be wherever if needed.
I will be conducting the site survey for this install as well, so as long as the client is not back and forth everything should go swimmingly.
If you are interested, I'd like to get your information for our next project in the area. It'd be great to have another contact and referral source. :)

UberDapr

There is a sign stick that has a level on it and you set it to the height of the sign. Literally takes less than a minute to install a sign and every sign will be the exact same height. Not sure where we got ours as that was forever ago but MBS standoffs sells one. Set the height then hold it against the door frame and hang the sign.
This is the exact one I use, I love it.